Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big East Presidents to hold press conference

If they announce a long term deal with MSG, who will be the first to tweet it to Syracuse fans?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I would think if MSG is part of the big announcement, that would indicate the conference tourney will be at MSG for a long time.

May even have some allignment with MSG for an in season event too, not just conference tourney.

Will they announce the conference offices in the area too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    If they announce a long term deal with MSG, who will be the first to tweet it to Syracuse fans?
    I call Pete Thamel at SI.

Ohhhhh this is even better....Gus Johnson to provide opening remarks tomorrow.

@mcmurphyespn: Gus Johnson will provide opening remarks at Fox Sports Network/new Big East announcement Wed

What a coup by the C7. Kept the BE name, got away from the crappy football schools, kept MSG, added some high quality basketball schools and making a lot more money from a very committed television partner who is going all in with the new BE and has the muscle to stand up to ESPN. Great work by the Presidents and AD's of the C7.

sorry, brain fart...is gus johnson tied to fox? for some reason I thought he was with a different network. All in all, this is absolutely GREAT news.

He used to be with CBS, but dod some work with Fox & BTN this year.

Agree Halo - a home run all the way around!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Gus Johnson's opening remarks "The C7 Riiiiiiiiiiiiise and Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiire, GOT IT! This conference will be PURE! OHHHHHHH OHHHHHHH What a Conference!"

Gus Johnson and Erin Andrews. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    He used to be with CBS, but dod some work with Fox & BTN this year.

Agree Halo - a home run all the way around!
    He has done more than some work with Fox. He is working for Fox, primarily. Their lead announcer in college football and will be their lead BBall announcer. He left CBS after 2011 (I believe after the MU/Cuse game, he felt he could not top that!) and went to Fox.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast