Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Presidents to hold press conference

Big East Presidents to hold press conference

From MU Press Release....

Presidents from the schools representing the New Big East will assemble in New York City to reveal significant progress in the ongoing development of a multi-sport conference, on Wednesday, March 20 at 11 AM ET at News Corporation Building - Fox News Studio D, on West 47th Street, between 6th and 7th Avenues.

School presidents will be joined by FOX Sports Media Group Co-President and COO Randy Freer, FOX Sports Media Group Executive Vice President Larry Jones and Joel Fisher, Madison Square Garden Executive Vice President, Sports & Arena Transformation, to discuss advancements.

The fact that they are making this announcement with Madison Square Garden officials suggests that The Big East, Fox Sports and Madison Square Garden will be partnering up for the long term! Great news!!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Yep! Will they be announcing additions then too?

Awesome that MSG is part of the announcement.

Great timing for basketball news as well.

Will Pete Thamel be there?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Yep! Will they be announcing additions then too?
    I assume so since Creighton has invited students to a special party at the same time.

And apparently Xavier has as well.

yep...David Woods ‏@DavidWoods007
    Breaking: Fox Sports will announce #Butler, Xavier & Creighton as new Big East members at NYC news conference tomorrow

Exciting day

ESPN will probably NOT be there.

I think the fact that the execs from MSG will be there is absolutely HUGE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I think the fact that the execs from MSG will be there is absolutely HUGE!!
    Thay certainly is encouraging....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast