Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Georgetown's power causing tension among new, old Big East schools

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    I stand corrected. He is a layman and a professor.
    He was on one of the news stations earlier this week weighing in on the new Pope. Is Georgetown the only one to have a layperson as President? I had always thought that you had to be a Jesuit.

Everyone was saying that Fr. Scott Pilarz is likely the last Jesuit president of Marquette also. There just are not that many presidential younger Jesuits in the pipeline for 28 colleges.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRev View Post
    Everyone was saying that Fr. Scott Pilarz is likely the last Jesuit president of Marquette also. There just are not that many presidential younger Jesuits in the pipeline for 28 colleges.
    Really? That is a bummer. How do you best define "presidential"? Management/business background?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRev View Post
    We could always pull one from out of Argentina. What's good for Rome should be good enough for MU as well.

I think Jim Flaherty S.J. Would be a good one to consider. He might not have the academic credentials (not sure) but he is doing a great job at Nativity and is well liked among MU alums. Reminds me of Tim Lannon S.J. who is running Creighton. Fr. Flaherty is currently on boards at MU and Santa Clara.
    Last edited by Gato78; 03-17-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12