Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NCAA Seeding...?

With the pod system, getting screwed doesn't always have to do with the seeding either. The NCAA always says they will give special consideration for teams that have been forced to travel in past years.....

2012: @ Louisville
    2011: @ Cleveland - could have been in Chicago, but VCU got that seed.
    2010: @San Jose
    2009: @Boise
    2008: @Anaheim
    2007: @Winston-Salem
    2006: @San Diego

Yep, that is a good stretch of special consideration there.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

IWB, correct me if I am wrong, but the only time we should have gotten special consideration as a top four seed was when we went to Louisville last year....and I believe that was the closest site we could go to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    IWB, correct me if I am wrong, but the only time we should have gotten special consideration as a top four seed was when we went to Louisville last year....and I believe that was the closest site we could go to.
    I know I'm not IWB but the committee says they give consideration for schools that have previously had to travel long distances. Problem is with 9-10 BEAST schools making the tourney they put more stock in avoiding second round regular season or conference matchups. We should have had some special consideration in the past due to long travel for multiple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Awilhelmscream View Post
    I know I'm not IWB but the committee says they give consideration for schools that have previously had to travel long distances. Problem is with 9-10 BEAST schools making the tourney they put more stock in avoiding second round regular season or conference matchups. We should have had some special consideration in the past due to long travel for multiple years.

OK, thank you for that explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Awilhelmscream View Post
    Why should only the top four seeds get special consideration? Consideration should be given in every seed.

Who are the 8 seeds in order? A, B, C & D. Ok, where is the closest spot for A? Put them there. B? Sorry, conference member already there, you get the next option. Seed C gets next and so on.

They do everything they can to keep teams like Duke and UNC at home. I don't give a frog's fat ass what seed you are, they should try to keep you close regardless of your seed.

As stated many times before, I think the pod system sucks ass. Regions are regions. No one placed in the East Region bracket should ever play in Boise. Its dumb. Oh, we do it to try to help sell tickets.....BS. You do it to help the top 10 teams. Guess what? Teams will all buy tickets if the travel is reasonable, but it usually isn't. Oh, and you created the pod to help sell tickets? Here's an idea, if Boise can't sell out, stop putting games in Boise. Any round with the exception of the Final Four relies heavily on the local season ticket holders. Well - I don't care if New Orleans is hosting a Final Four in three years, quit giving them the 1st & 2nd round. Tulane fans don't buy tickets, so you have to move Duke & ND there to try to sell tickets? Dumb. It isn't that flipping hard.
    Last edited by IWB; 03-17-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I almost forgot about there almost always being a pod based out of the research triangle/tobacco road area. That's truly what pisses me off the most about the tourney. Hey, Duke, UNC, and NCST here are your tourney home games please enjoy!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789