Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Seeding...?

NCAA Seeding...?

Hoping for a 4 seed, but a 5 seed is quite possible depending on remaining conference tourney outcomes. Disappointing game last night, but still am satified what has been a very successful season for a team with flaws but a lot of heart. Lets go Warriors...!

I'll go with a 5, but not as concerned about the number as I am about the matchup. If we play an uptempo team that presses we are toast.

At this point we are at the mercy of the teams still playing. We had a chance to control our own destiny and we fumbled it away. That said according to Bracket Matrix last night the teams behind us were Arizona, Kansas St., Ok. St., Syracuse, Pitt, St. Louis, and Wisconsin. We were the top 4 seed at that time, so figuring that Arizona and the winner of tonight's Ok St./KSU game will pass us that would leave us as the #3 4 seed. Pitt is out so they won't pass us, but the other remaining teams (UW, SLU, and Cuse) could very well leap frog us if they make a run.

Also a 5 seed scares me because that means we have the dreaded 5/12 matchup to worry about, I would suck to get UK in the first round.

MU's RPI is still at a 12, so who knows.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...pretty-picture

At the bottom of this article Norlander predicts a 5 seed for MU.

I am okay with a 4 or 5 seed as long as we don't get stuck with a really good 12 seed like KY. Also, it would be nice to be in the same bracket as a #1 Gonzaga.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

My guess....#4 v. #13 Valpo

it all depends on what you think Marq has a better shot at:

4 seeds get the best mid majors which normally show senior-laden, disciplined teams

5 seeds get the worst high majors that under-performed for the year or had a mediocre resume.

That being said, if tO$U loses today, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the committee place them and us as a 4 / 5. They always seem to put in a few narratives and that one seems pretty easy to me.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast