Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: White smoke, we have a new pope.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Fr. P came off quite well in the interview. In fact, I wish they sought more of his insight. I hope he comes around on men's basketball, Buzz and we regular alums. I have heard good things about him from people working at MU but there is uncertainty from those of us who regularly attend home basketball games. I know some of the high rollers like him too. We can see in the interview he can be an excellent spokesman. We just need him to be better engaged with regular MU hoops fans.
    Is he a little shy or something? Could that be it? Saw him walking around near our section before the ND game and he didn't seem to make eye contact with anyone or does he he know that some folks haven't warmed up to him as of yet?

While I believe that he may be capable of being outgoing and engaging we have to temper that with the fact that he's an educator whose specialty is medieval poetry. That tells me that he's not likely going to be a sports fanatic and he's not going to be Mr. Personality in all public settings. If this is true, then he does not totally understand our culture as a University and needs to be more aware of what Marquette should be about.

Either that or the fact that he has ties to Georgetown means he's here to sabotage our basketball tradition. Hopefully, not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123