Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koenig State POY

Koenig State POY

Didn't expect that. I wonder how many coaches, and which coaches, vote for all-state and POY.

This should really set BK's dad in motion next year. Could lead to even more fireworks around Mad
    Town then I had previously anticipated.

By the way, Burton on third-team all-state. Can't say I'm all that surprised by that result.
    Last edited by Phantom Warrior; 03-12-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Badger Bias

Yeah, it only means something to birthersarefools and badger fans. He is not the POY. Good player, but there are better in the state.

I'm not the expert since I have only seen a couple of the first teamers in person, including Koenig. Bronson is very, very good and he may be the best player. All the top players are at different positions and play different games.

Congratulations to Duane Wilson and Deonte Burton.
    Last edited by TedBaxter; 03-13-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Didn't expect that. I wonder how many coaches, and which coaches, vote for all-state and POY.

This should really set BK's dad in motion next year. Could lead to even more fireworks around Mad
    Town then I had previously anticipated.

By the way, Burton on third-team all-state. Can't say I'm all that surprised by that result.
    Yes, not surprised at Burton on 3rd team. He had a relatively quiet senior season all things considered.

Duane and Bronson will have 4 chances in the coming years to tell us who the better player is

If Luke Fischer was going to Wisconsin, the POY would have been Fischer. If Duane Wilson was going to Wisconsin he would have been POY.

Koenig is good, but I think Fischer should have won POY.

Koenig would have been choice No. 4 for me, behind Fischer, Wilson and Thomas.

Well, according to the voters Bo and UW got the best player in the state in Koenig.

I guess one thing that goes along with player of the year is, if Koenig doesn't outshine Fischer, Wilson and Thomas, then that is all on Bo for not taking the best player and further developing him. I guess the pressure is on Koenig to become an NBA player under Bo .

Next year should be interesting at the UW.
    Bo Ryan is a very good coach, and Big 10 COY.
    A top 20 talent coming out of high school and Big 10 all freshman team in Dekker.
    Player of the year in Wisconsin again this year in Koenig.
    ESPN top 100 player this year in PF Nigel Hayes (#85).

When looking at college polls, I always look to AP Poll instead of the Coaches Poll because AP writers watch as many games as they possibly can and coaches are too busy with their own teams. On the flip side, high school coaches are a close community within themselves and really know what is going on.

So the AP writers say Koenig is the Player of the Year. Where did the coaches have him? Not All-State, not even Honorable Mention. Seems the coaches understand that Koenig was suspended this season. TWICE! The writers must not know that. If you do things that get you suspended twice in one season, should you really be POY?

Then look at Burton getting 3rd team All-State. Pretty tough company with the first team, so can't argue there, but not 2nd team? He was not better than Botz, Stone, Fuller or McKay? Bullcrap. If anyone knows who voted on the AP All-State team please post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast