Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MU up to #13 in Coaches Poll

MU up to #13 in Coaches Poll

Marquette up #12 in AP Poll, #13 in Coaches Poll

LINK
    Last edited by IWB; 03-11-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

12th in AP......So finished the regular season at the highest rankings in both Polls and the highest RPI(11) of the season......very nice

Congrats to Buzz and the team on a terrific regular season. Now lets do a couple deep tourney runs.

I think our best chance to get a 3 is Beat ND and Have N Mex lose their 1st of 2nd game? I know they have a good RPI but the reality is the teams the have beat or lost to are not in Ville, FL, Cuse,Gtown, Type of teams. Unless OSU loses there 1st game and we win out 1st we are not jumping them I don't think. They are playing well.

Great to see the 12/13 ranking at the end of the regular season, and the #9 ranking in CBS. All justified based on the teams accomplishments as well as my estimation of this years college hoop landscape.

Last polls to come out before selection Sunday, and I don't think there will be too much movement on our #11 RPI either.

At least one win in the conference tourney and it is all good heading into Selection Sunday.

It's going to be very tough to jump to a 3 seed, especially without beating Louisville. Sure OSU could lose their first game but they have been hot lately. If we both win our first games and lose our seconds I think they get the nod. Crazier things have happened though.

Some people(Glockner for one) have us on the 3 line right now....I'm not saying we will get a 3 but depending on who you believe we might already be there.

I really don't care.....Would like to avoid VCU in round 2 if possible though...Gockner has them as the 6 in our bracket.

Okay, as everyone knows I do NOT like Wisconsin at all...but seriously, I don't care what team it is, how the hell do you stay ranked with 10 losses?? Not only that...but you had a week where you got blasted by Purdue at home, and then got blasted on the road at MSU, and got purely lucky to beat a bad Penn State team?? Is college BB REALLY that bad this year??

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    It's going to be very tough to jump to a 3 seed, especially without beating Louisville. Sure OSU could lose their first game but they have been hot lately. If we both win our first games and lose our seconds I think they get the nod. Crazier things have happened though.
    We cannot depend on others to do our work. If our team wants a three-seed, then they need to be playing on Saturday; and winning that game would be nice.

VS

Unfortunately you sort of have to, what happens if OSU and New Mexico also win theirs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast