Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covered by the Victory...

Covered by the Victory...

Mayo had a terrible, terrible final 90 seconds:

- Turn it over on the inbound

- Give up the corner 3

- Miss the front end of a 1-and-1

- Give up the easy drive on the tying play for regulation

I am shocked SHOCKED that Buzz stuck with him even for the final play. Luckily he woke up and put Trent back in for OT.

Worst 90 seconds I've seen a Marquette player play in a long while...nearly blew the Championship for us

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    Mayo had a terrible, terrible final 90 seconds:

- Turn it over on the inbound

- Give up the corner 3

- Miss the front end of a 1-and-1

- Give up the easy drive on the tying play for regulation

I am shocked SHOCKED that Buzz stuck with him even for the final play. Luckily he woke up and put Trent back in for OT.

Worst 90 seconds I've seen a Marquette player play in a long while...nearly blew the Championship for us

Even worse, you come on here and rip one of the players. Well done!

Yes anyone that says anything negative about Marquette or a Marquette player can burn in hell!

I thought Todd was fouled on the inbounds play...?

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    I thought Todd was fouled on the inbounds play...?
    I thought so too.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    Yes anyone that says anything negative about Marquette or a Marquette player can burn in hell!
    I've criticized the TEAM myself, but ripping a player is uncalled for IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    I've criticized the TEAM myself, but ripping a player is uncalled for IMO.
    He didn't rip the kid. He pointed out the mistakes he made over the last minute or so. The plays that helped lead to SJU's comeback and OT. If you disagree with his position, comment. Otherwise, get off your high horse.

As for Mayo, I thought he was fouled as well, on the inbound. The game tying play seemed like a team effort, a lot of matadors on MU's side for that play.

I think there are plenty of fingers that could be pointed at for the play of MU at the end. Davante contributed, Junior contributed ... It was a team effort, not just Mayo.

Not to incur the wrath of Iceman, but I thought Mayo really struggled too. Not only for the reasons mentioned above, but he took a couple three point shots that I thought were extremely questionable.

It's inexcusable to rip a MU player. Wait a second.........

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Not to incur the wrath of Iceman, but I thought Mayo really struggled too. Not only for the reasons mentioned above, but he took a couple three point shots that I thought were extremely questionable.
    He's been doing that all season. He just happens to make them once every 6 games and people magically forget about the other 5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast