Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can MU get a 3 seed?

Can MU get a 3 seed?

What is everyone's thoughts on if MU can secure a 3 seed again this year? I'd say right now we are on the outside looking in, but hopefully some teams will stumble in conference tournaments and give us a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    What is everyone's thoughts on if MU can secure a 3 seed again this year? I'd say right now we are on the outside looking in, but hopefully some teams will stumble in conference tournaments and give us a shot?
    Glockner had us as a 3 seed in his latest bracket.

The bracket matrix pegs us as the first four seed if you exclude the brackets that haven't been updated for last weekend's games. Very doable.

I think getting a 3 is the key to keeping us close to home, on the 4 line I think we drop out to the south or west

Miami just lost at home tonight to Georgia Tech. That is sure to cause some "shifting" amongst the top 12 seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    Miami just lost at home tonight to Georgia Tech. That is sure to cause some "shifting" amongst the top 12 seeds.
    St. Louis and Ok. St. lost as well tonight, which helps. We beat St. John's and 1 in the BE tourney, and I think we should get a 3. Make it to the finals and I think a 3 is a given. Win the BE tourney, and a 2 is probable.

No way Miami drops that far down with one loss, they are still a 2 seed at this point. According to bracket matrix these are the top 16:

1. Indiana (Dayton)
    2. Duke (Lexington)
    3. Kansas (Kansas City)
    4. Gonzaga (Salt Lake City)
    5. Miami (Lexington)
    6. Georgetown (Philly)
    7. Louisville (Lexington)
    8. Florida (Lexington)
    9. Michigan (Auburn Hills)
    10. New Mexico (Salt Lake City)
    11. Michigan State (Auburn Hills)
    12. Kansas State (Kansas City)
    13. Marquette (Dayton?)
    14. Arizona (San Jose)
    15. Syracuse (Philly)
    16. Oklahoma State (Kansas City)

I added in parenthesis the sites the respective teams would likely prefer to be seeded at if given the closest draw. Given this I look at the four closest sites for travel purposes are KC, Dayton, Lexington, and Auburn Hills. Given the log jam of teams that will be battling to go to Lexington I think MU needs to pass up K-State and get into the KC site.

Can Marquette get a 3-seed? Yes, with help, plus we'd need to play in the finals of the BET. Winning the BET would be better. My question is: would it be worth the wear and tear of three games in three days to have a one-line seed bump?

VS

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    Can Marquette get a 3-seed? Yes, with help, plus we'd need to play in the finals of the BET. Winning the BET would be better. My question is: would it be worth the wear and tear of three games in three days to have a one-line seed bump?

VS
    With the depth of MU this year, the wear and tear would be lessened. Heck, just watching highlights of some of the practices Buzz has, the games may actually save on the wear and tear!

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    With the depth of MU this year, the wear and tear would be lessened. Heck, just watching highlights of some of the practices Buzz has, the games may actually save on the wear and tear!
    Agreed and it sure didn't hurt Kemba and UCONN two years ago. As far as I am concerened the NCAA tourney starts now. Statistics show, the better your seed the better your chances of winning it all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast