Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toughest players of the last 20 years

Toughest players of the last 20 years

per Bilas......

It's funny how different people can have different opinions......If somebody asked the typical MU fan....."who was the toughest MU player in the last 20 years?"

I'm sure you would get a variety of answers.......I think I would choose Dominic James....

Bilas lists Wade as number 6......he really didn't come to mind for me although I know his success would put him high on many lists I guess

It's insider so here it is.....1 Cleeves 2 Hansbrough ....5 Juan Dixon......really? Juan dixon?

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ege-basketball

I have no issue with Juan Dixon, I think many forget how good he was in college. I don't remember the full story but I know he had a rough road to get to where he was.

Jerel McNeal was a pretty tough hombre, as was Travis Diener, heck, not too many people carry a nickname like the Teenage Assassin. As you said Markedman, it will vary, as it all depends on how you define toughness.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Well, Diener got taken out by a tackling dummy, so...

He got a good shot in before he went down though.

I know Dixon was good....never thought of him as particularly tough though......Pyscho T is a no brainer and I can see Cleeves as well......to each his own I guess....
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    I have no issue with Juan Dixon, I think many forget how good he was in college. I don't remember the full story but I know he had a rough road to get to where he was.

I'm still mad at whoever on the staff came up with the idea for that "drill."

The drill had nothing to do with it, it was all on Travis.

I use tackling dummies in drills all the time. Most coaches do.

Bilas has his definition of toughness. I know he has a book about it, but he also wrong a great articles about it. It's a great read:
    http://www.mdbball.com/Documents/Tou...byJayBilas.pdf

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast