Louisville +1
    Providence +1
    South Florida +1

DePaul -1
    Marquette -1
    Notre Dame -1
    St. John's -1
    Syracuse -1

All I know is that some how we need to get on the other side of the bracket from Louisville.

How do the tiebreakers look if MU, UL and GT tie up top?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    How do the tiebreakers look if MU, UL and GT tie up top?
    Not good. If more than 2 teams are tied, they are viewed as a "mini conference". In that case, here's how it shakes out:

#1 Georgetown: 2-1
    #2 Louisville: 1-1
    #3 Marquette: 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Not good. If more than 2 teams are tied, they are viewed as a "mini conference". In that case, here's how it shakes out:

#1 Georgetown: 2-1
    #2 Louisville: 1-1
    #3 Marquette: 1-2
    I guess our best hope is Georgetown losing the last two and MU and Louisville ending up tied for 1st.

It is basically a mathematical certainty that MU will be the 3 seed.

Even if they lose to Rutgers & St. John's, they still get no worse than the 3 seed (even if Notre Dame, Syracuse, AND Pitt all win out). Of course, they can move up if Louisville loses to Notre Dame. But that's the only likely scenario where they move from the 3 seed. Otherwise, Georgetown has to lose to both Villanova & Syracuse. So, overwhelming odds say the 3 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    It is basically a mathematical certainty that MU will be the 3 seed.

Even if they lose to Rutgers & St. John's, they still get no worse than the 3 seed (even if Notre Dame, Syracuse, AND Pitt all win out). Of course, they can move up if Louisville loses to Notre Dame. But that's the only likely scenario where they move from the 3 seed. Otherwise, Georgetown has to lose to both Villanova & Syracuse. So, overwhelming odds say the 3 seed.
    Oh well....best time slot!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    Oh well....best time slot!

My thoughts exactly. I can watch them play at night. Of course another semifinal with Louisville doesn't interest me but....

I may be in the minority, likely am, but I welcome a shot a Louisville. Whether it is finals or semifinals. Expunge that demon. I also hope for a shot at either Nova or Cincy. Avenge two road losses in the tournament.

I don't mind these guys facing challenges leading into the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I may be in the minority, likely am, but I welcome a shot a Louisville. Whether it is finals or semifinals. Expunge that demon. I also hope for a shot at either Nova or Cincy. Avenge two road losses in the tournament.

I don't mind these guys facing challenges leading into the tournament.
    I'm with Mac, bring them on. Buzz knows what adjustments would need to be made to play against UL's pressure, and I'm willing to bet it would involve different people handling the ball. I have a feeling if MU plays them again, they will beat them this time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast