Thread: Favorite restaurant in Milwaukee

Favorite restaurant in Milwaukee

We're not limiting this to places around campus or around the Arena. Give us your favorite restaurant in Brew City!

For me, it depends on the food. If I'm going for a great steak, I'm going to the Jackson Grille off of Miller Park Way. If it's Mexican, I want Las Botanas down in Little Mexico off of National Avenue. Pizza? Give me Calderone Club, Zaffiro's or the New York Pizza Department on North Ave.

Steak: Coerper's (though I haven't been there in a while)
    Mexican: Either La Fuente or Rudy's
    Pizza: Wow, tough one... Calderone Club, Mama Mia's or Barbiere's
    Burgers: Soblemann's

Comet for me...it was convenient when i lived there

good and reasonably priced food and a similar beer menu to Von Trier, but a buck or 2 cheaper across the board

For Panthers hangout spots - pre and post events def. Major Goolsbys and Harry's Bar and Grill but that's a given. Non-Panthers related restaurant experience? It's tough. Like Jimmy said, it really does depend on what one is in the mood for.
    Last edited by DKelly28; 02-29-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Calderone Club definitely has the best pizza, but I am partial to Lisa's on campus.

Near the arena, I'd recommend Upper 90 a block east of the Bradley Center. It's a gastro-pub so you're going to pay a little more, but IMO it's well worth it.
    @KyRawling