Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last Home Game - Buzz

IWB, having worked in the academic world I can see why some cannot see what Buzz brings to Marquette. Lots of over sized egos and people educated beyond their intelligence. I had a college intern I mentored and his profs and the provost disliked him. The bottom line is they were jealous as heck. The former intern is a now an award winning anchor in a pretty big market -- not one of those blow dry types but a real working journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    This. Not the time and place, especially on the free board.
    Not the time and place to discuss what Buzz has done for MU, and suggest we show him some appreciation by cheering for him in our last home game?

A couple more wins and Buzz should be coach of the year in one of the best conferences in the country. I hope the fans do show him appreciation in our last home game.

I've said it in private and I'll say it here. Best overall coach at Marquette (bench coaching, player development, recruiting) since some guy named Al and with Buzz' attention to detail, probably better than Al as a coach.

From Scout Board
    .Actually have heard from a pretty good "inside" source that things are fine now. it was "growing Pains" between all parties concerned...
    .Everything is fine to what it was one year ago.

Hope the above is true!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milkbone View Post
    From Scout Board
    .Actually have heard from a pretty good "inside" source that things are fine now. it was "growing Pains" between all parties concerned...
    .Everything is fine to what it was one year ago.

Hope the above is true!!!!
    I doubt it.

I hope that is true. Marquette would take a staggering PR hit if it appeared Buzz was pushed out.

We can't worry about, in what we can't control. I think the mass e-mail to Larry Williams really helped the cause, that he had to put a starement out.

Buzz loves the class that is coming in to MU next year. He is getting paid very well. He has said, he loves coaching at a basketball school. Things are much better to what they were one year ago.

I just think Buzz has done an outstanding job with this team, and I would love to see the fans acknowledge that / him in some way on Saturday.

JS had an article about how Bo should be coach of the year in the Big 10, and they may be right. I think Buzz has a real shot at coach of the year in the Big East too, but that won't get much publicity here.

I just thought with it being the last home game a few Buzz for COY signs or BUZZ chants would be appropriate seeing what he has accomplished coaching this team.

I agree with Goose, regardless of how you feel about the Buzz v. Admin situation we should find ways as fans to show Buzz our appreciation for what he has done for this university every year. It doesn't have to be about proving a point to LW, lets make it about truly appreciating Buzz. I'm sure we can all agree he deserves that.

Maybe the students can chant, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast