Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Home Game - Buzz

Last Home Game - Buzz

With all of the positives MU hoops has going on right now on the court, I was hesitant to start this thread but I have been thinking.

No secret things are not the greatest between Larry, Fr. P and Buzz. Buzz has indicated he doesn't want to leave, but if he feels he is unwanted, is stuck in a poor working environment, or is disrespected by the administration, Buzz may decide to go where he feels he is more wanted.

Ok - this Saturday is the last home game of the year, so maybe the last home game Buzz ever coaches for MU.

While the thought of that causes such emotions as sadness, anger, resentment toward some, etc - I sure hope Saturday can be a celebration of not just the seniors, but of Buzz as well.

Hopefully we can hear more than just a few BUZZ chants, and see some student signs like We Luv Buzz, Don't Mess With Happy, Buzz = Coach of the Year, MU loves Buzz, etc.

Buzz is a perfect fit for MU, and I for one will be cheering for him Saturday. I would love to hear multiple BUZZ chants from a sold out crowd on Saturday.

I second the public support for Buzz. He is a future Hall of Fame coach who has done more to help the national public image of Marquette than any other individual since Al McGuire put the school on the map. We're not just talking basketball. We're talking marketing that the school could never afford to buy. I just cannot believe that the administration would do such a stupid self-infected wound. I guess we'll find out.

Future Hall of Fame, Tulsa? Pump the brakes a little bit.

GOMU1104, I stand by my prediction and I'm willing to wait to be vindicated. You want to guess what Al's advice to Buzz would be? How about Al's advice to the Marquette administration? Look at the school's history since McGuire's departure. Look at the respect Buzz is now getting from fellow coaches and the national media.

Again I'm willing to wait for my prediction.

I agree with Tulsa on the HOF prediction. I'm just afraid he gets in because of the work he puts in elsewhere. To get in as MU coach it would take a coach becoming the second coming of Mike Krzyzewski's long term consistency. Sorry but I just don't see that happening with this administration. Lets appreciate coach Saturday as I for one believe it will be our last home game with Buzz.

Thumbs down on this entire thread.

Fr. Pilarz and Larry Williams will "rue the day" if Buzz leaves Marquette for any reason. I don't care if we even bring in Doc Rivers to replace him. I'd rather have Buzz.

Buzz will be a hot coaching commodity, and as such will be on many a schools radar as he has been in the past.
    Big East conference is ending - MU no longer in the best college hoops conference.
    Would coaching in the Big 12, ACC, SEC, etc be more appealing than in the B7 conference?
    NBA jobs will be open including the Milwaukee Bucks.

You never know what opportunities will be out there for Buzz. If he decides one is a better fit for him, who knows.

My point of the thread is, Buzz has done a great job for MU, and just in case this is his last home game, I hope the fans cheer for him just as they do the seniors.

GE - I think that is the thought of many MU fans supporters. As i have said before, I don't care if you replace him with John Wooden, there are no guarantees. I was born and raised in Milwaukee, I love it here. But it is not for everyone. It is a hard place to recruit to. VERY hard.

Some coaches are great coaches that don't have to recruit hard. (See Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State, UNC)

Some coaches are great recruiters that are not good coaches .

Buzz has both. He works his ass off. MU needs every little advantage they can get - The AL, Humphrey Hall, an NBA facility.

As a bonus Buzz also has a very strong and outgoing religious side to him, which is perfect for MU.

He is also the ultimate David vs Goliath story, a country kid that went to a Juco and worked hard to pay his tuition in cash. He climbed the ranks the hard way, with an unrealistic work ethic and a passion for what he did. Marquette is a small school that will always play the role of David in the David vs Goliath scenario.

The two were made for each other.
    Last edited by IWB; 02-27-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Thumbs down on this entire thread.
    This. Not the time and place, especially on the free board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast