Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Big East name

Quote Originally Posted by wiscwarrior View Post
    Just a thought, but why not pick a warm weather site? Orlando (How'd that pop into my head)? Just to be a little different like a bowl game... great for fans and players.
    You don't want it here. Trust me. I love living here, but college basketball is an afterthought in these parts. You would get no local support at all and the arena is like a nightclub with a basketball floor in the middle of it. Half the people that go there, don't even know there is a basketball game going on.

The Pac 12 is moving their tournament to Las Vegas and apparently it is selling well. However, that is still somewhat within P12 "territory." There are no warm weather sites that can make the same claim of the B7. (Unless we include Stetson as a member.)

I agree with IWB on the ACC thing. That would stink.
    Last edited by Orlando; 02-27-2013 at 08:57 AM.

That's the thing, doing it in a warm weather location isn't really about the locals in Orlando, it's about the fans flying in. If we can't get the Garden then I say we do something in Florida or hell why not go for the battle at Atlantis type deal. Your telling me that media wouldn't love that? Coaches could promise players that they would get one trip a year to the Bahama's, talk about a recruiting tool.

I don't think the media would like it one bit, and I don't think the coaches would be all that excited about flying to the Bahamas less than a week before the NCAA tournament starts. Those locations are great for Thanksgiving tournaments. Not for conference tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I don't think the media would like it one bit, and I don't think the coaches would be all that excited about flying to the Bahamas less than a week before the NCAA tournament starts. Those locations are great for Thanksgiving tournaments. Not for conference tournaments.
    Yeah, I agree. I doubt the coaches want any distractions like the Bahamas for the Conference Tournament. Flying and accommodations would likely be excessive as well. I am not in favor of something like that at all. Keep it in the geographical region of the league. To me, this idea goes no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    I agree with IWB on the ACC thing. That would stink.
    The ACC will continue to focus on Tobacco Road. You might see them in NYC about as often as you see them in DC or Atlanta. They will not lose their NC roots.

VS

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    The ACC will continue to focus on Tobacco Road. You might see them in NYC about as often as you see them in DC or Atlanta. They will not lose their NC roots.

VS
    I agree. ACC will not lose its Tobacco Road identity. To NY or Brooklyn periodically.

More leaking out that it seems the B7 will be able to keep the Big East name and a very good chance the tourney at MSG, at least on a rotating basis.

Seems like the break will be after this year as things appear to be settling between the B7 and old Big East.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/catholi...ut/#more-89983

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234