Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching Butler vs St. Louis

Watching Butler vs St. Louis

Hinkle Fieldhouse can bring similar cache as Cameron Arena, at Duke. Hinkle is rocking.

The new conference needs both schools. Lots of fans in the stands....good size metro markets....the right footprint.

So, where are the SLU haters? Just swept Butler.

But, those were Rick's guys. And, Butler loses Clarke and big guy Smith. I still have concerns that these schools will be relevant long run....?

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    But, those were Rick's guys. And, Butler loses Clarke and big guy Smith. I still have concerns that these schools will be relevant long run....?
    It's a valid concern. Butler was in the CBI Tournament last year coming off two straight Final Four's. They definitely lose a lot off this team.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    It's a valid concern. Butler was in the CBI Tournament last year coming off two straight Final Four's. They definitely lose a lot off this team.
    Not every team can make the tournament every year (except Marquette of course).

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Not every team can make the tournament every year (except Marquette of course).
    Haha, valid point also!

I think Brad Stevens has enough of a rep at this point to bring guys into the program and continue the success, I'd be concerned if he left though. As for SLU how do their future prospects look? I know the last two years they have been good but is it sustainable? They are hot right now but it will be important that these programs sustain it.

I was at the game and am officially jealous that we don't play in an arena like hinkle. I realize the additional revenue received with more seats, but wow, what a great place to watch a college basketball game. the place was electric and is a beautiful old fieldhouse. will be fun to watch mu play there in a few years. anyone who goes will not be disappointed.

I was surprised with how well St. Louis traveled. I guess with it being such a big game for them, maybe I should not be surprised, but they were there in numbers and were loud.

Great atmosphere and really good game.

btw, butler will be just find next year. they lose clarke and smith which will be huge, but they are going to be fine. I was talking to my brother in law and they are getting closer to landing some studs. almost landed zeller two years ago (which probably would have brought with yogi ferrell). they are in the running for trey lyles and one other big time indiana recruit whose name is escaping me. they will be good going forward and I truly look forward to seeing them in conference games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast