Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Still Thiink...

Anyone Still Thiink...

Anyone still want to maintain that Vander might be a candidate to test the NBA draft after this year?

Yes, it's only one game, but this game showed he is nowhere near ready for the NBA.

OK, I'll bite. Yes, I think he will test the waters at the end of the season. Don't think one game undermines an entire season of improvement and several games that showed he is capable of playing at the next level.

He needs a senior season to maximize his potential. Though, I suspect he will test the waters and the draft is weak this year. Who knows ........

Take a look at DJO. It 's tough to make it in the NBA. No way is he ready.

A few things...

-The whole "test the waters" system is different than it used to be. It is not as player friendly as it once was and it's kindof a shame, to be honest.

-A lot of people act like the only place he can improve is at Marquette. Guys get better in the NBA, too. If he gets good info on his draft prospects, he should go.

In the end...I don't think he goes, but if he hears what he likes and he does go, I won't be upset.

its not what we think that matters. it is what he thinks! not sure anyone really thought he had the game to go now. He has been really good, but not NBA good. the problem is, if his stock were to get elevated by a potential first team all conference nomination and HE thinks he has a shot, then HE may make the decision to do so. I think your confusing what people think HE will do, not what we think he should do.

No, what matters is the feedback he gets from NBA scouts re his draft status. That will be the deciding factor.

Scouts look at players differently than fans. They know there are parts of the game that will develop in the NBA. They look at the tools/ability that will translate in the NBA. They also do not make decisions - pro or con - based on one game.

Vander is very athletic, talented and still young and that is something that plays well in the NBA.

Lastly, Te'O has been lambasted by many due to being duped about his "girlfriend". I read many who said his stock in the NFL dropped because of this. Just read the scouts comments about Te'O. They see things differently than anyone else on this board.

Last year Jae had a 4 point game @ND. DJO had a 9 point game @WVU.

It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Last year Jae had a 4 point game @ND. DJO had a 9 point game @WVU.

It happens.
    To be fair, DJO only played 1 half against WVU.

But this is a complete over-reaction thread. The same thing as the current craziness on Scoop. One game does not a season or draft status make. Since the Green Bay debacle, Vander has been in double digits 16/18 games, has hit at least one three in 15/18, has shot 40% or better in 14/18, has had 3+ rebounds in 10/18, and has had 2+ assists in 9/18. Bottom line, he has been consistently good and no single bad performance will determine his season.

Yesterday, Michael Carter-Williams had 7 points. Does that mean he's not going to get drafted? This whole thread is silly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast