Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buzz and this Team

Buzz and this Team

Man Buzz has done an outstanding job developing and coaching this team.

No way did I think we would be in first place in the Big East at this late date in the season, with a real shot to win the league.

After losing two NBA draft picks Buzz and the team ...

Is in 1st place in one of, if not the best basketball conference on Feb 20.
    Has a legit shot to win the league.
    Has another 10 win conference season, and there are still 5 league games left.
    Is in the top 20 in every poll. 14th in the RPI.
    Is in a great position for a high NCAA tourney seed - keeping the NCAA appearance streak going.
    Has the 4th longest active home win streak in the country - despite being in the Big East.

I know the season is long from over as we have 3 road games left (always tough) and two home games against ranked opponents, but Buzz and team have exceeded my expectations and delivered a really great season so far. Enjoy the rest of the ride this year, and thanks to Buzz and the team for an exciting season.

Playing at this level on a team that lost two NBA draft picks is amazing. BE COY?

This is definitely exciting, these last few weeks are going to be wild. I really want to get a BE championship while all the teams are still in it so this is our last chance because after this year championships will come with an asterisk. That being said we should know more after Monday because on Saturday we have a tough roadie with Nova, and G'town and Syracuse square off. Then it's Big Monday at the BC, if we go 0-2 in those games we will be out, if we go 2-0 I think we will be looking really good, the more likely 1-1 means we will be on the edge of our seats rooting for others to lose still.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamostradamus View Post
    BE COY?
    Nah. Big East rules require that Mike Brey win it every year in which Notre Dame wins at least 2 games.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Fr. P. needs to extend Buzz and keep him around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Fr. P. needs to extend Buzz and keep him around for a long time.
    You nailed it. Hope they are thinking along those lines.

I did see Larry Williams sitting on Press Row last night right next to the MU bench. He certainly got to see Buzz in action and at his "usual coaching best".

I don't think there is a soul in the Marquette administration that doesn't realize that Buzz is a gifted basketball coach. That has never really been the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I don't think there is a soul in the Marquette administration that doesn't realize that Buzz is a gifted basketball coach. That has never really been the issue.
    Then it should be a given that they look to give him an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Then it should be a given that they look to give him an extension.

I believe he has a $2M+ per year contract that has an automatic six year roll-over. It extends automatically.

The issues as I understand them aren't really going to be resolved by an extension anyway. It simply is going to be if Buzz wants to operate under the under parameters set by the administration, and/or how many of these parameters they can compromise on. Extending the roll-over from six to eight years, I don't think is going to change that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast