Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Big Man on Campus?

OT - Big Man on Campus?

Johnny Manziel of Texas A & M. What a "student athlete"!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/texas-m...W9ucw--;_ylv=3

"Johnny Football still finds time to be a college student too, even though the Texas A&M star doesn't have to be on campus very often for classes. His schedule this semester consists of four online classes in sports management, and he just got done with a series of tests and other work.".
    Last edited by ge1974; 02-19-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Online classes? Apparently those are pretty popular now.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Paying a ton of money for college where your kid goes and sits in his room and takes online classes.

Love how he makes going to the Super Bowl and all these events like its something all college kids do... I for one can say that NBA All Star weekend and the Super Bowl were never on my agenda in college, must be nice, apparently I was an under privileged college student.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    Love how he makes going to the Super Bowl and all these events like its something all college kids do... I for one can say that NBA All Star weekend and the Super Bowl were never on my agenda in college, must be nice, apparently I was an under privileged college student.
    I was just happy when I had enough cash in my pocket at the end of the night for Real Chili.

Goo - True on the online class thing, but I was referring to the fact that online classes are pretty well accepted now.

Buzz for Pres - No, that is not the normal deal for college kids, but when you go to school down there, the Super Bowl and NBA All-Star game were within reasonable driving distance, so if I am a high profile athlete, I'm saying - hey guys - let's go! Now the hotels, gas food etc - can get costly.

That MANY online clases??? Johnny Football is only a freshman. Doesn't he have some school core requirements to take such as history, english, math, science, etc? Hell, even a Horton Roe music type class (for you old-timers).

You would think GE - my first thought was that the online classes could have been science, math etc... but they I re-read, all are Sports Management. Now, having a dgree in Sports Management I know there are some tough classes with Anatomy, Physiology, Kineseology, Strategic Management etc etc, but something tells me those aren't the classes Johnny is taking.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    That MANY online clases??? Johnny Football is only a freshman. Doesn't he have some school core requirements to take such as history, english, math, science, etc? Hell, even a Horton Roe music type class (for you old-timers).
    I think Johnny Football is a redshirt freshman. Maybe he took those core courses on line last year, or maybe over Christmas break.

amen to that Goose. Real Chili actually sounds pretty good to me right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast