Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crean message to MUfans

I generally do not go out to the hallways at half anymore because of this. People must have thought I was rude when I would cut off conversation so I could be back in my seat for the beginning of the 2nd half--present company entirely excepted (as regulars here would be sympatico). Just like AlphaBangura, I miss several plays each game because some wipe thinks it is OK to get in my way of watching the game. I am OK with it for the buy games but BIG EAST games and good OOC games are a different deal.

I've maintained this for years. Place the ushers at the exits as the half starts and don't let anyone pass from the time the first and second half starts until the first timeout. Announce this in the season tickets packages and during the pregame. We all went through that in high school or at least that was the way it was at mine.
    Last edited by TedBaxter; 02-17-2013 at 01:15 PM.

I think there needs to be something done to give a signal when there's 2 minutes left in halftime or something. I always go visit my parents at half in the hallway and we usually just have to guess when the game is about to start. I don't know if they can flash lights or make some sort of announcement. There may not be a way to do it.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Warrior View Post
    I think there needs to be something done to give a signal when there's 2 minutes left in halftime or something. I always go visit my parents at half in the hallway and we usually just have to guess when the game is about to start. I don't know if they can flash lights or make some sort of announcement. There may not be a way to do it.
    At other arenas I have seen the game clock counting down on clocks in the concourses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    At other arenas I have seen the game clock counting down on clocks in the concourses.
    I would like that - I don't want to be late, but I don't want to be too early either in getting back to my seat either.

Don't they show the BC feed on the tv's in the hallway? If not, and they do not do anything, check your watch before you leave your seats.

They do show the feed on the TVs in the hallway, but they are so small that it is rarely noticed. I know there are quite a few facilities that flash the lights.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Is there still the loud boom boom boom through the PA before the 2nd half starts. that was our cue, but I don't hear it anymore.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Marquette wants people back in their seats. The Bradley Center either doesn't or does not care because they are more concerned with concession revenue. MU would do well to include lights flashing at 2:00 left in the next contract with the BC.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    Is there still the loud boom boom boom through the PA before the 2nd half starts. that was our cue, but I don't hear it anymore.
    Ziggy, we are talking about the Marquette games, not date night with the Mrs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast