Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crean message to MUfans

Crean message to MUfans

I am guessing this will be played at the game today. A good message from him and I hope he gets cheers for it from the crowd at the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANsZfk5G8vA

Good message. Some of the things he should have said about MU when he left--even if there was some animosity at the time. In his mind, MU would not let him back into the Al and he wanted his recruiting data. Also some financial issues. Then he tried to spin the lack of warning on the departure--really hurt his image. Perhaps he can pull a Kevin O'Neill and let the years erase the bad memories. If he keeps saying good things about MU, like he did in the video, he may have a restoration of his image like O'Neill did.

All it would likely take is an apology for how things ended. But I don't think he's humble enough to do that.

Most, if not all MU fans realize that IU is an elite job, and would have accepted his departure had he handled it better.

I will be very interested to see how this goes over today... Perhaps he shouldn't have used an IU back drop, but regardless nice words, I think time heals all wounds and eventually he will be remembered positively.

Yea, what's the IU background about? Contractually obligated? Even in his office would be better. Interested to see how this goes over.

Edit to Add: I thought it was a very nice message. He really tried to highlight how special that group of players was and how he really enjoyed those memories.
    Last edited by 2012Warrior; 02-16-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Are they doing this pre-game or at half time?

So they just used part of it used it to play over highlights...never saw the IU background.

I was sitting there at halftime and missed his comments. Saw the highlights. Either I was not paying attention or it did not have much of an introduction to it. Stands were fairly empty as well. I am not sure many noticed.

Yes, the stands did empty quickly....

Thought it was a lacking tribute, volume was a bit low to hear the comments.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast