Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attendance nationwide

Isn't Depaul's campus closer to the united Center? Couldn't they work out a deal to play there? I mean it has to be possible right, given MU has worked it out with the BC?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Agree - but how would you like to be DePaul? One of ESPN's major regional websites, ESPN Chicago, has the following icon logos at the top to click on....

Bears - Bulls - Cubs - White Sox - Blackhawks - Fire(indoor soccer) - Sky(WNBA) - Illinois - Northwestern - and.....Notre Dame

Really? Notre Dame but not DePaul? Yes, they have been terrible since joining the Big East, but maybe they could turn it around with a little local help?

Going to college in Iowa with a lot of friends from Chicago it always bothered me, as by the way they talked, you would think that Notre Dame was right down in the heart of the loop, or in between Soldier's Field and the Aquarium at the very least. But, check mapquest, Marquette is closer to Chicago than Notre Dame. 95 miles away in a different state, and they get top billing on ESPN's website over local teams in the same conference (I know, only basketball).

UWM gets the same treatment here. They had a Horizon League Tournament game AT HOME this week. Who was there from the local media? Gary D'Amato from the JS, 620am's Greg Matzek, 1 student from the school paper and me. Yep, no one from Channel 4, 5, 6 or 12, nobody from FSN, ESPN radio, WSSP.... no one from any of the smaller local publications. Nobody. March Madness, Horizon League Tournament game.... 1 newspaper, 1 radio, 1 student and me. Nobody else.
    Mitch wasn't there?

We played DePaul at the UC years ago. My understanding is there are cost and availability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    Isn't Depaul's campus closer to the united Center? Couldn't they work out a deal to play there? I mean it has to be possible right, given MU has worked it out with the BC?

No Ted, he wasn't, but when I got into the car I knew exactly where he was, at the studio yelling into the mic.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12