Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo and/or Crowder?

Mayo and/or Crowder?

It is now national news that Brandon Jennings wants out of Milwaukee. The latest team to step up with interest is the Dallas Mavericks. Would OJ Mayo be coming to Milwaukee? What would that do with Todd, would it be a distraction for him with his brother around or would that help keep him in check? I think it would be a distraction.

Also, which other players would be involved in that trade? Because Mark Cuban loves the fact that he made the call on Jae Crowder on draft day I doubt that Crowder would be involved, but not out of the realm of possibility.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Not sure they would consider parting with Mayo as he is their leading scorer, and they want to make a run at the playoffs while they still have Dirk.

Try to get a #1 pick out of them and a serviceable player.

Need to get something for Jennings before he walks, which he will do. I really don't think he is worth the money he thinks he is worth.
    I think Todd Mayo has enough distractions without having his NBA brother in town.

Only suggested Mayo as that is what was rumored on one of the sites.

Jennings can't walk...he is a restricted free agent.
    Bucks can match any offer he gets and keep or sign and trade him.

Dallas doesn't have a #1 this year and Mayo has an opt out after this year which he will certainly do since the salary number for 2014 is only 4 million.

Not sure I see a match....Collison would have to be part of the trade but that's not enough by itself

I have wondered how much impact Jae Crowder has had on Todd Mayo sticking around. I am sure that at some times over the past year, Todd M has been very upset and frustrated. I am sure at those times, he has talked with his brother OJ. I am curious if OJ has spoken with Jae about his time at MU and with Buzz, and I assume those responses have been nothing but glowing. And in turn, has OJ talked with Todd again, telling him to hang in there and there is a means to the end for him.

Not sure but everything I've read or heard seems like Todd confides in his mother. I haven't seen Todd talk much about his half brother, O.J. Does anyone know how close they are?

They are close - they even went on a safari in Africa together over the summer.

Wow....so much wrong with this thread. Kudos to markedman, BJ is restricted, if I am John Hammond, let the market tell me the price, and right now, it should not be excessive. Monta Ellis has an $11 million player option. Two ways to look at this, Monta opts out....ok, we can use that money on a free agent....but can we get what we want to come to Milwaukee? Therefore risking the Bogut trade to be Ekpe Udoh for Andrew Bogut. Or, if we KNOW Monte will opt out, trade him by next Thursday (Trade Deadline).

Personally, Brandon Jennings is 23 and Monta Ellis is 27. Neither are high % jump shooters. Monta Ellis is taller and built like Dwyane Wade. Move him to PG, ala Chauncey Billups, and trade Brandon Jennings. Monta Ellis can get in the lane at will, he is best with the ball in his hands creating for others, not spotting up. Get back with a BJ trade a low post scorer or a SG with size!!!

Correction....Monta Ellis is a stud, but he is not quite D Wade

Trade them both away for draft picks and start all over. This team and organization are a complete mess, I don't trust senator Kohl with running this team and I think they would be much better served to stock pile draft picks (although maybe not for this years draft because rumor has it it's weak) and rebuild from the ground up. The issue with the Bucks is that even if they have lots of free agent money they aren't going to get a good free agent to come here because they blow and none of these stars want to live in MKE. They need to do like the Brewers and build through the draft and then if you can't resign those guys trade them at the deadline for something.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast