Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AD Presentations

AD Presentations

Link: Paul Plinske's Presentation

Note: You may want to turn your speakers up for Plinske's presentation.

Sound was very poor. Couldn't hear the questions. Waiting on your thoughts in what was said.

all watching all 3

how i rank them

1. Schmidt 2. Plinske 3. Braun

we get Braun, we are screwed !

simple at that

I am fine with Schmidt or Plinske

I feel Schmidt has a bit more fundraising and business expertise in relation to dollars

Plinske has ideas, but can they be done without football is the question

My biggest concern regarding Plinske is how does his fundraising translate from the boonies to the city. There's a lot of competition here, virtually none there.

" In other words, success in development comes most effectively from internal groups coordinating with one another in order to attain their goals and objectives." So the opposite of what are departments have been doing.

"A second obstacle is the close-mindedness or unwillingness of top officials to change the way things have traditionally been done." Hmmmm... So actually trying new things, going out and asking for money and not accepting the status quo are things that an athletic department should be doing. Who knew?

" In other words, for small colleges, it appears that having nationally ranked teams doesn’t necessarily translate into more dollars raised." Interesting, this gives makes me optimisitc anout us. Because if small schools that have enough trouble gettingpeople to games and hype about their athletics can still manage to conquer those hurdles and raise money than a large school should be easier, wouldn't you think? I mean i know a larger school means more money needed but i would think that it would still be proportional to a small school. Larger reach, larger audience, also goes along with that more money needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewCityItalian View Post
    all watching all 3

how i rank them

simple at that

I feel Schmidt has a bit more fundraising and business expertise in relation to dollars

I didn't take the time to listen. What don't you like about Braun?

Quote Originally Posted by BrewCityItalian View Post
    all watching all 3

how i rank them

simple at that

That's just more of a reason to add football. As much as I'm sure it'll draw "pipe dream" groans from the usual suspects, the reality is that the scope and reach of Panther athletics in the Milwaukee community will always be limited as long as our only revenue program is the #3 option of its kind in the city (and possibly #4, if you include all the "Walmart Badgers" who live in SE Wisconsin)... especially when our choice of venues are a high school gym or playing across the street from options #1 and #2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast