Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Message from Larry Williams to students.....

Message from Larry Williams to students.....

Here is a message from Larry Williams to the student section.....

In an email to @MarquetteU students: AD Larry Williams says "Hey Song" may be discontinued due to the language. It just cannot be tolerated.

I tend to agree with Larry on this one.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Yep, that email needed to go out. It reflects poorly on the students and school.

What is the "hey song"?

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    What is the "hey song"?
    You suck. And I am not personalizing this.

I agree with Larry on this one. I know the students are always above reproach to some, but ...

Yep.....no reason for it even if similar stuff does go on at other schools as well.

Agreed. Made the mistake of looking for the reaction on scoop. It was sadly predictable as most were blasting LW for e email. Pathetic.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Honestly, I thought it was funny when they did it against ND. Now it's old anyway. Can we retire the big heads too? I don't have a problem with wanting to get rid of it though. For people of an older generation than mine, that word does have a worse connotation and I can understand wanting to get rid of it. I think we should keep it alive for the Madison game though. Just for those people though.
    Last edited by Mucrisco; 02-08-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Can't imagine what LW would have thought of the great paper airplanes of 2006-07 or the treatment of Marcus Williams post laptop suspension.

Can't blame him though. I think the chant is played out, frankly.

Yeah, maybe once a year against a rival is ok but I don't think it's really necessary to do it when up 20 against South Florida or DePaul or Colgate.

While I have no issue with getting rid of it I certainly don't think it's THAT offensive that a stand needs to be taken on it. Overall I'm mostly indifferent though and I can see how as an institution they would want to remove it. That being said I'm surprised UW still allows the whole "eat sh*t, fu*k you" chant... That to me is really over the line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast