Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MU looking for strong non-league schedule

MU looking for strong non-league schedule

Marquette MikeBroeker

Looking for two high major home-and-homes. One to start home, one road. Prefer November for road game.

2013-2014, Home & Home

2013-01-30 14:20:06

So, that would give MU three H/H. Third one being Wisconsin.

My top four wish list would be UCLA (have not played them since 1964), Kentucky (would Love to see them come to Milwaukee), North Carolina (JP Tokoto return visit?) and Duke. Maryland is a team we have never played to my knowledge, either and would be a good home and home.

If they are looking for another road game with UW already on the road next season, does this mean MU may get a home game in the BE\SEC challenge (if there is one?).

Don't count out the road November game to be on the west coast since MU will be in Direct TV Classic during the Turkey Week. Arizona State, College of Charleston, Creighton, George Washington, Marquette, Miami and San Diego State. The eighth team will be announced at a later date. (Big West School)

Quote Originally Posted by mutpm View Post
    If they are looking for another road game with UW already on the road next season, does this mean MU may get a home game in the BE\SEC challenge (if there is one?).
    2013-14 will be the last year of the BE/SEC challenge. I would hope MU has a home game, since they never hosted one.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    2013-14 will be the last year of the BE/SEC challenge. I would hope MU has a home game, since they never hosted one.
    Hmm. I thought this was the last year and that the SEC and Big 12 have a new agreement for next year.

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2013/01...-east-series/#

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    Hmm. I thought this was the last year and that the SEC and Big 12 have a new agreement for next year.

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2013/01...-east-series/#
    It was written wrong on the ESPN bottomline, it said the final year of the BE/SEC would be in 2013. The games are played in November, so I read it as one more year.

Thanks for the heads up, so I can cross off a BE/SEC game at the Bradley Center.

Is this a precursor to doing the same for the new conference - hasn't Mike expressed an interest for a 16 game conference season so the B7+ schools can schedule tough non-conference games to ensure quality RPI's.

For the '13 and '14 seasons, does MU lose a home game then?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Is this a precursor to doing the same for the new conference - hasn't Mike expressed an interest for a 16 game conference season so the B7+ schools can schedule tough non-conference games to ensure quality RPI's.

For the '13 and '14 seasons, does MU lose a home game then?
    Almost makes me think they are expecting to play in the new conference next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Almost makes me think they are expecting to play in the new conference next year.
    Given Larry Williams' comments at MULS a few weeks back and Notre Dame's recent comment about playing in the Big East next season, it's more likely that we're in the Big East next year. The tougher schedule might just be compensation for the loss of Pitt and Cuse to the ACC since they head south after this season.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast