Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching Detroit at UWM

Watching Detroit at UWM

UWM players may be looking forward to IWB's Pro Am so they can play in front of some spectators.

Rob's seat must be getting very warm....?

With UWM hiring a new athletic director in the next month or two, and considering the money problems they have, I would bet he gets one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    With UWM hiring a new athletic director in the next month or two, and considering the money problems they have, I would bet he gets one more year.
    Perhaps, not sure where he is on his contract........

I believe his contract goes to 2017. Jimmy actually has all of the pages of the contract on the PantherU board.
    Last edited by IWB; 02-07-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

There is such a sense of dispair that I have to think he would take a cheap buyout and save his future rather than staying and sucking for another 4 years.

I have a real hard time believing he just walks away from all that money.

I have a hard time believing any of you would do that either.

Also, coaches really aren't wired to quit and walk away like that. I just think the new AD will wait until the buy out gets cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    I have a real hard time believing he just walks away from all that money.

I have a hard time believing any of you would do that either.
    It's not always about the money. Sometimes it is timing. Stay too long and options erode. He may do better to leave for another job, but it may make sense for him to go back to the assistant ranks and rebuild. I would not return to UW, though, if I were thimad.

It all depends upon how he see' s success in his future.

EDIT: I hate typing on a smartphone with autocorrect!
    Last edited by MUMac; 02-08-2013 at 08:08 AM.

It's not just the salary, he has been a state employee for many years and has a LOT build up in his pension. I was told that one of the schools that looked to hire him a couple of years ago did not because they wouldn't touch the requirement to match his pension.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast