Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MU + Louisville = Whiteout

MU + Louisville = Whiteout

For their big game against Marquette on Sunday, Louisville will be having a "Whiteout".

Not just the fans, but special uniforms, shoes etc, and I am sure Pitino will be dressed like Mr. Rourke from Fantasy Island.

When MU tries to do a "gold-out" etc, it is always about 50% in attendance. Never looks great to me. Please look at the crowd on Sunday and tell me why MU can't support these efforts?

all-white-uniforms.jpg

To take it a step further, Louisville has made and sells reversible "White-out/Red-out" t-shirts that were inspired by Muhammad Ali. Buy one t-shirt, wear it to either a whiteout or red-out.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

So does MU show up in baby blues...or even gold? Or are they going to low-key it with their dark blues...

Hopefully, the fans are waving white flags at the end of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    So does MU show up in baby blues...or even gold? Or are they going to low-key it with their dark blues...
    Low key

Nice of them to make a Wade jersey in all white......

Personally I consider this whole "whiteout" thing to be racist!!

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Nice of them to make a Wade jersey in all white......

Personally I consider this whole "whiteout" thing to be racist!!
    HAHA!

Badger fans probably don't know what the big deal is, they do a white out every game! Rimshot?

or they just give the entire lower bowl white shirts...

Not always that easy - at home, Bradley Center seats 7,783 in the lower bowl. You are looking at about $4 per shirt. That is over $31k that needs to be donated for a promotion. Now, if you know someone that wants to donate the $31k, I would happily provide the shirts at a huge discount. Just give me a call!

While looking at the number I found a Don Walker article from a year ago that breaks it down. Shows some flaws in the Bradley Center.....

The lower bowl seats 7,783. The industry average is 9,929. That is 2,100 fewer. In the Bradley Center they put more seats in the upper deck than lower, why?

Here is another part referring to suites and club seats that I thought was interesting.....

When it opened in 1987, the Bradley Center had 68 suites. The Bradley Center now has 47 suites. The others were combined to create a variety of clubs or other features. The industry average in a typical arena is 92 suites.

Club seats also are an amenity in most arenas. Club seats are loosely defined as a higher-priced seat but not as expensive as a seat in a suite. In many cases, a club-seat holder has access to food and beverage options and has a more comfortable seat to watch athletic events and concerts.

The average NBA arena has 2,200 club seats. The Bradley Center has none.
    Last edited by IWB; 01-31-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Interesting tid-bits about the Bradley Center and clearly a need for a renovation or rebuild.

You guys have a greater pulse on the prospects of the Bradley Center than I do here in Chicago---any discussions about a new arena? If so how would MU be involved?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast