Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UW

UW

0 of 0 from the free throw line tonight. Not a single free throw attempt!

They shot more threes (28) than twos (24).

And, the front court is gone for next year. 13-14 could be a long season for Bucky...?

Their backcourt should be much better next year w/ Koenig joining and Gasser coming back. Dekker should be much improved, but they definitely need some of their incoming Freshmen front court players to contribute. Bottom line is they'll still be good next year and will make the tournament.

I don't know that I have ever seen a college game where a team had 0 free throw attempts. Maybe I have, but that is just strange.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I don't know that I have ever seen a college game where a team had 0 free throw attempts. Maybe I have, but that is just strange.
    Only took Mississippi six minutes to get in the bonus tonight in the first half against KY.

Shooting more 3s than 2s isn't all that uncommon for Wisconsin.

When a team shoots a lot of 3's I'd think that would translate to scoring, but Wisconsin has scored 47 -45 - 49 points in the last three games.

If you shoot that many from the outside you will not shoot many free throws, but shooting zero free throws makes it tough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    And, the front court is gone for next year. 13-14 could be a long season for Bucky...?
    This is said seemingly every year. Their guys will improve. Their backcourt will be better. UW will finish Top 4 in the Big 10 and go to the NCAAs.

Last year, UW *as a team* took 41% of their FGAs from 3. Marquette had one *player* that took more than that percentage. (DJO) Marquette as a team only took 29.3%.

My all time favorite stat is that Tim Jarmusz, UW's starting "3," took 105 shots in 2010-11...and *89* of them were three pointers. Seriously, almost 85% of his shots were three point attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    This is said seemingly every year. Their guys will improve. Their backcourt will be better. UW will finish Top 4 in the Big 10 and go to the NCAAs.
    I don't know that it is said seemingly every year, as UW always had a stockpile of frontcourt talent to replace those that are leaving. They lose Bruiser, Berggren and Evans, those guys have played the lions share of minutes this year. Kaminsky is a spot player right now and could develop. Evan Anderson is a big step down and has only played in 8 games this year. Decker is the only forward of consequence returning.

I don't know enough about their two forwards they signed, but as seen with Decker, Bo does not have a great deal of playing time for Freshman.

UW will have backcourt depth and talent, but the frontcourt is going to be much weaker next year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast