Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Student section = weak.

Student section = weak.

Maybe 30 people tonight in the upper student section. Really weak. Top 25 team against a Big East opponent. First half Saturday was pretty weak too, until some people showed up in the second half. I think they should take those tickets away from the students and give them to some HS or Middle School kids if they are not going to use them.

Your post is weak.

8pm game against the last place team. Not much juice to it.

8pm?? Really? There was only 5 games left including last night and the students can't even fill the lower section? Maybe the announcement should be the best student section in the country when they feel the game is important enough to warrant their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    Your post is weak.

8pm game against the last place team. Not much juice to it.
    That's funny. 8:00 game. Yeah, most college kids in bed by 10. Really???? One hour later makes that big of a difference? And a last place team????? You should be going to watch A FIRST PLACE TEAM. YOUR TEAM!! MARQUETTE!!!! Didn't seem to bother most of the other fans, many who had to drive back to Chicago, etc. My alarm still went off at 5:15 this morning. How many students were up at 5:15 this morning? Please don't take this personal, but your post was infinitely weaker than mufansince72's.

Careful guys. Any criticism of the student section is met with a vociferous attack against the poster. Don't you know, our students are immune to any criticism?

Last night was pathetic. Less than two weeks into school and 5 games remaining. Pathetic.

I'm not going to bash the OP, but why bash the students? They aren't under any obligation to go to these games.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I'm not going to bash the OP, but why bash the students? They aren't under any obligation to go to these games.
    I think the OP called it like it is. They are touted as the best student section, they are not. Last night's crowd was embarrassing. No, they are not obligated to go, but frankly, that is a bizarre statement to stick behind. Absolutely bizarre.

I'm with the OP, I'm not sure what MU can do, but it might be time we look at reducing the student section just a little bit. For some of these games the entire upper bowl of their section is empty, especially for the Christmas break games. Now I'm not sure that even if they put them for sale to the public that people would buy them, but atleast you could maybe get something.

That being said it would be interesting to see how many students actually show up for other teams, I know Duke is renowned for their student section but its such a small area that I'm not sure they draw more than us, it's just they fill their whole section.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I think the OP called it like it is. They are touted as the best student section, they are not. Last night's crowd was embarrassing. No, they are not obligated to go, but frankly, that is a bizarre statement to stick behind. Absolutely bizarre.

Well, I agree with the "best student section" line. No need for that any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    I'm with the OP, I'm not sure what MU can do, but it might be time we look at reducing the student section just a little bit. For some of these games the entire upper bowl of their section is empty, especially for the Christmas break games. Now I'm not sure that even if they put them for sale to the public that people would buy them, but atleast you could maybe get something.

That being said it would be interesting to see how many students actually show up for other teams, I know Duke is renowned for their student section but its such a small area that I'm not sure they draw more than us, it's just they fill their whole section.

Marquette gets good student crowds for big games. A lot of schools are in the same boat.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast