Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vander

Quote Originally Posted by MU Viking View Post
    No offense taken. I never gave up on Vander. I see some similarities with Jerel, but I think Vander was way more frustrating than McNeal ever was in the first couple years. The level of turnaround he has made is frankly pretty amazing. Major kudos on the work it takes to get to that point.

I will say that I don't think he's quite ready for the league, but if he improves a few things this summer, I think he's our next pro.
    I think Vander was a year behind McNeal's development. I chalk that up to his young age and body development.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    His left hand has improved dramatically, which I think has helped keep his shot from being blocked as often. Guys have to play him straight up now, which makes it easier to go to his right. Credit to Van, he's really made himself better.
    +1. If he can continue his aggressive guard play and handle improvement, a 6'4" active guard (hesitant to say point guard) in the NBA who pushes the action would be highly valued. I still think, because of his young age and big jump in progression this year, that he needs another year to round out his game. But, you could tell in the ProAm he has the most talent on the floor...raw talent yes, but developing by the game.

Vander could be a very intriguing NBA prospect with another year in college. Great first step, plays good defense, starting to get confidence in his shot, gets to the rim at will, still needs to finish better on a consistent basis.

He could really be a Big East first team and have a shot at some all america lists if his development continues and he steps up even more next year.

Someone brought it up above and it is a bigger deal than it sounds, but he is about a full year younger than others in his class
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12