Thread: UConn - Are they in or out?

UConn - Are they in or out?

UConn fell last night to Providence, which marked their 9th loss in their last 12 outings (6 of the 9 losses came to teams that are ranked).

Big East record 7-10
    Overall record 17-12
    RPI is 35
    SOS 2
    Wins over ranked teams 2 (Florida State and Notre Dame)
    Defending National Champs
    Lunardi has UConn as a 10 seed (on Feb 27th)
    Palm has them an 11 seed (Feb 29th)

So the questions are, will UConn make it in the big dance? Should UConn make it in the big dance?

I don't think they should... I think if it started today they would, but I am not sure if in the end they will... does that cover just about every answer? :P

I think this is a very interesting case, the selection team says they no longer look at a teams record in the last 10 games, we will see if they stick to that. I think overall with the weak bubble this year they have a better resume than most, their RPI is really good given their record and they obviously have an amazing SOS. If they can manage to beat PITT on Saturday, normally I would say this is likely, but with them coughing one up to Providence who the heck knows. and then they can win two in the BE... I think they need to get to 20 wins all said and done.

I think not looking at your last 10 makes no sense. That says a lot about a team, who is peaking, who is in a free fall etc.

At this point, I would say out.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Out. Just can't see them in at all. The Providence loss sealed it in my opinion.

I really do think they should be out, however it seems like nobody on the bubble really wants to be in... lots of teams are fumbling at the goal line here...

It's anyone's guess but I'm with IWB - they have had every opportunity over the last 10 games to convince the committiee that they are deserving of a bid and have come up short each and every time. I've always thought the committee gave a lot of weight to 'what you have done lately' - if so, they're out. That being said, damn RPI keeps them in the discussion.