Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vander draws a charge

Vander draws a charge

Was listenting to Homer's show yesterday or the day before, and at one point Homer said that Vander had never drawn a charging foul, and if Vander ever did he would give him a standing ovation.

Well last night Vander did draw a charge. Homer stood up and with hands over his head gave him a standing O. Buzz quickly went over and sat on the scorers table and positioned himself right next to Homer and joined in the ovation for Vander. Vander was smiling / laughing. Funny of Homer and classic move by Buzz to join Homer.

"When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

If looks could kill... Kuykendall would have taken Homer out. Classic!

Kuykendall looked to be yelling at Homer to sit down. Probably changed his tune when Buzz high fived him.

Scott Kuykendall is the SID..... official title is Associate Athletics Director, Media Relations

Was the SID legitimately upset???

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Was the SID legitimately upset???
    I assume he didn't know the context of Buzz and Homer's behavior and maybe thought Buzz was losing it. Well, "losing it" more than Buzz normally loses it. I mean that in a fond way BTW.

I look at it a different way. Kuykendall is in charge of all media. As part of that, he has to make sure the media acts appropriately. Now keep in mind that Homer sits at the official scorers' table. No one there is allowed to show any favoritism whatsoever. So, when Homer jumps to his feet and starts clapping, they are doing their jobs and getting Homer to sit down as to not 'show up' the opposing team.

They probably did not get the context, but still, they were just trying to control the media. Heck, you show any little bit of emotion in the press box at a Packers game and you will no longer have credentials.

Cheering in a press box or on press row is a complete no-no. I have no problem if Broeker/Kuykendall are upset. I would be too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast