Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iu/uw

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    This is a perfect example of why i hate college BB sometimes. Ugh!
    Why? Don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    It's really amazing how poor of a job Crean has done in trying to figure out how to beat Bo. Terrible game plan going on 5 years now. He must need Chris Grimm to beat him. And another quick run by Bo in the post game handshake. Comical. Stay classy Coach Crean.

He damn near ripped Bo's jacket off.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Why? Don't get it
    Well, I am not sure if this is what Iceman meant, but college basketball is really going though a malaise right now. These games are really difficult to watch. I mean, if I weren't a MU fan, the last two games were really not all that entertaining. I guess most players with any sort of offensive talent decide to go to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Well, I am not sure if this is what Iceman meant, but college basketball is really going though a malaise right now. These games are really difficult to watch. I mean, if I weren't a MU fan, the last two games were really not all that entertaining. I guess most players with any sort of offensive talent decide to go to the NBA.
    This. NCAA needs to figure out how to make the games more watchable. It's like when the NFL started calling PI more, corners were shoving more and scoring went down. Bucky (and IU as well) were playing football last night (Bruiser basically kicked a guy on a screen) and none of it was called. No one could get a shot off and you end up with a score like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamostradamus View Post
    This. NCAA needs to figure out how to make the games more watchable. It's like when the NFL started calling PI more, corners were shoving more and scoring went down. Bucky (and IU as well) were playing football last night (Bruiser basically kicked a guy on a screen) and none of it was called. No one could get a shot off and you end up with a score like that.
    But all everyone does is complain when the refs are whistle happy and each team shoots 30 free throws. So where's the middle ground so we don't have to suffer through two years of 3 hour games before the coaches adjust?

Perhaps they need to either move the 3 point shot out further, to open up driving lanes, or move it back to where it was, to make it an easier shot. The problem with moving it out is that college players can't really make it with any consistency. The problem with moving it back is that it is simply too easy.

Speaking of opening up driving lanes, I think another alternative would be to add the defensive three second violation like in the NBA. I think we would see a better flow to the game with this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBB713 View Post
    Speaking of opening up driving lanes, I think another alternative would be to add the defensive three second violation like in the NBA. I think we would see a better flow to the game with this rule.

That is a really good idea. However I don't trust college referees to actually remember to call it.

I think what Iceman probably meant was "the more talented team" lost................

To me that is what makes College basketball the great game it is. 2013 is kind of a down year offensively throughout college basketball but these things go in cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephys View Post
    But all everyone does is complain when the refs are whistle happy and each team shoots 30 free throws. So where's the middle ground so we don't have to suffer through two years of 3 hour games before the coaches adjust?
    This is a good point and in my opinion, an easy fix. Call those fouls early on in the game - the players will adjust. Years ago it used to bug me when Cincy & Huggins would play Deane & Marquette. You knew it would be a physical game and it was. That Brannon kid should have been kicked out of half of those games, yet he would end up with 2 fouls. It was always as if the refs came into the game with the mindset of knowing it would be physical, so instead of getting control of the game, they would just try to control the skirmishes.

Call the fouls early, set the tone for the entire game, and the coaches/players will adjust.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast