Thread: Article: Preparing for the Big East

Article: Preparing for the Big East

"When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Thanks for the look.....!

Iwb - awesome!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!

Thanks for the insights. I worry about Buzz losing his voice. He needs a pinch yeller to step in sometimes....

Thanks for the behind the scenes look. When a recruit is brought in, will they observe the practice to see what goes on?

Yes - generally when a recruit is brought in they would be sitting on the sidelines along with their guest (parent, coach). Recruits can't participate, but you tend to notice a coach yelling specific things a little louder than normal (I was sitting next to a recruit once and his AAU coach said to him, "You know, he's saying that so you can hear it, right?" Recruit responded, "Yeah, I know.")

If the recruit is sitting with his AAU coach or Dad and those two know what they are doing, you will often see them pointing things out of specific interest. You may also see others talking to them. A perfect example was on media day. There were recruits in on visits, but they can't be around the media in that situation. So you would see them in the upper part of The AL with Mike Broeker doing everything he could to sell the program/school etc.

As soon as practice ends the coaches will talk to the recruit.