Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Novak brings his A-Game

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Yeah, I think when you are making a public statement it is probably a good idea not to use profanity, especially the F word, if you are a celebrity. I personally don't think there is really a reason for it, and I think it is a poor reflection on the person who used it publicly. Just my opinion.
    The type of people Nate Robinson is playing to there would be more shocked if he didn't swear. You're not his target market, Goose.

Not only that, but anybody old enough to have a Twitter account hears worse than that in the hallways of their school. (And occasionally in the Sultan household...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephys View Post
    The type of people Nate Robinson is playing to there would be more shocked if he didn't swear. You're not his target market, Goose.
    I understand that, and believe me I use more than my share of foul language and heard it / spoke that way in school hallways too. Robinson did so in a public statement.

The problem I see now is younger people come into the work force thinking that is normal and acceptable discourse. Say that in the wrong setting, or in what you think is a harmless office email, and you will be in HR filling out paperwork rather quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12