Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't Say Enough About Derrick Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Derrick Wilson was guarding no one--the three point line with no shooter. That is 100% on Derrick. He and Davante had end of game brain pharts. They were also responsible for the win.
    I read on Scoop that Buzz on postgame said it was Trent's issue for not rotating over. Derrick was where he was supposed to be.

When Buzz sees that tape he will ask who Derrick was guarding.

Props also to Todd Mayo as he got open against the press in OT. And did not turn the ball over while making FTs. Glad he is back.

Derrick Wilson was guarding no one--the three point line with no shooter. That is 100% on Derrick. He and Davante had end of game brain pharts. They were also responsible for the win.
    Are you serious Gato? Go watch the replay...Derrick Wilson had strong side wing coverage and was exactly where he should have been---guarding the 3 point line. It was locket who had the major brain fart and got caught in the muck under the basket.

I am serious. 1.2 left.

I am serious. 1.2 left.
    Buzz said it was man defense and Trent left his man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Buzz said it was man defense and Trent left his man.
    But apparently Gato knows what Buzz is going to say in the film room.

Great job by Derrick Wilson. Buzz said after the game that Wilson had a death in the family and missed 2.5 days of practice. He really stepped up handling the offense, and played solid defense.
    Buzz also said he has told the team, Junior and Derrick that Derrick kicks Junior's butt every day in practice, but he still goes with Junior as a senior leader. Tells Derrick that in two years when there are guys playing better than him on the team, he will get that same benefit of the doubt. I like Buzz referring to his coaching this team two years down the road and how he develops loyalty within the team.

I think in the last 1.2 seconds MU should have had 5 guys spread out at the three line, and nobody inside the paint. Wilson looked to me like he was guarding the area where they expected the pass, ball side wing with someone coming off a screen for a 3. Can't believe someone on the team didn't recognize the guy at the top of the key.

That aside, MU played another tough gritty game that will be their calling card in this years Big East. Vander, Juan, Jamil, Todd all hitting from three. Hopefully that breeds confidence. D. Wilson's confidence with his play has to be growing.

Bottom line 3-0 in the Big East having played UConn, G-town and Pitt on the road. I'm very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    It wasnt wilson. He had strong side wing responsibilities and was positioned just fine. It was lockett that got caught sleeping by guarding the basket as opposesd to the perimeter. Inexcusable for a senior "leader."

D Wilson played huge---does a great job within his limited skill set and athletic ability!!

Real solid team win!
    What limited skill set? He's only a sophomore and is still maturing. Buzz says he's better than Junior in practice and is the best natural leader on the team. And don't forget that he was recruited to play D1 football as well as basketball so he must have be pretty solid athletically. I'm bit buying the spin that he's not that good because he doesn't score for us. He will grow just like Zar, Jimmy and others before them.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think in the last 1.2 seconds MU should have had 5 guys spread out at the three line, and nobody inside the paint.

No that's really not how you should play that. The way it should have been played is fine, because Trent didn't execute. Just spreading everyone out on the line leaves a bunch of gaps and no way to get a hand in anyone's face.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast