Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Schedule

Keep in mind BrewCity Italian, Ohio Dom & Mary was a result of Butler leaving to the Atl-10 in May. The Panthers team did put those dates they needed for home games out there, but the dates didn't match for schools.

Milwaukee is looking for an MTE, as well as 2 H/H. Open to all options.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorCK View Post
    When I asked my source about Marquette being on the schedule, they responded, "It's not looking like it." I didn't ask them to elaborate.
    Take this with a grain of salt, but it comes down to numbers. With the Big East ceasing to exist possibly as soon as next year, our non-con schedule becomes that much more important. We will keep the non-con tourney (4 games) and I fully expect annual home-and-homes with Wisconsin and Notre Dame. I'm pretty confident the league will try to get a regular challenge game (ala the Big East/SEC or B1G/ACC Challenges) and Marquette seems to be taking a shine to having a big neutral site game (Jimmy V/Carrier Classic types) so that accounts for 2 more games and 8 in total.

That leaves Marquette with 5 games to play with. Of those 5 I expect we'll try to get at least one more home-and-home series with a high-major to ensure we have at least 2 high-major road games every year, one from the UW/ND alternating series and one from the Challenge/HM H&H series. The problem is we need some "guaranteed wins" on the schedule. That means buy games. If Milwaukee or Green Bay were willing to come to the BC as buy games, I'm sure we'd be interested. But I don't think either program would sacrifice their pride and not demand a home game at least every once every 4 years, and I don't think we're willing to take that risk considering UW and MU both lost at GB in recent years and we had the close call at the Cell. Those last 4 games have to be penciled in as wins and we only get that at the BC.

Also...from what I've heard, it would be tough to do one without the other. If we have a series with Milwaukee, we have to have a series with Green Bay. I think it's easier to just say no to both series than commit 2 of our remaining 4 games to the in-state programs.

why would you have to have a series with Green Bay? MU and UWM are the ones in the same city. No offense to Green Bay but **** them. haha. They can deal. I think that having a cross town series once a year is a good gimmick to get casual UWM and MU fans to a game. I honestly think that the game being at the Bradley Center every year isn't the worst thing in the world either. I mean for one its not like it is somewhere else in the state or country, its literally the same distance either way. Also, It would get UWM more exposure. Yes, with the way that we are playing at the moment, the next few years might be blow outs, but once we get our stuff together, if the games are somewhat competitive it would be a great way to get the city of Milwaukee more interested in basketball in the city of Milwaukee. Get fans that never go to UWM games interested. It only benefits the entire city of Milwaukee to have a good Milwaukee College basketball fan base.

Marquette won't tell Green Bay "**** you" for no other reason than that Brian Wardle is a Marquette Hall of Famer. I also know that Coach Jeter would never take a annual buy game at the BC. He'd be more likely to continue the DePaul series under that scenario. At least we can turn that into a home game by getting 15-20 fans to the game.

The series vs. Marquette would have had the most intrigue during the Pearl era, and the classless Tom Crean was scared to lose, so it didn't happen until all of Pearl's players were gone. I don't care if they are across the street. We shouldn't buy a wooden nickel from them any more than we should buy one from Madison. I used to think the way Lutzow did about the game, but after being at 3 of the 4 games in the previous deal, I don't think that kind of interest is there. None of the games sold out. The BC maybe gets half full, and the game at the Cell drew just over 7,000. We've had more for reg. season games against GB and Butler.

Bottom line is, if Buzz were to go with the deal that was being talked about prior to this season of the rolling 2 for 1, you have to take that. It appears Green Bay's win has killed that idea. If so, so be it.

There are plenty of teams we can play without hamstringing ourselves.

The BC is always way more than half-full in paid attendance. Last time the Panthers played at MU, it was about 15,000.

Those aren't asses in the seats. I was at the Green Bay-Marquette game two years ago at the BC. Announced attendance 15,000-something. Asses in seats? Maybe 3,500. Last year when we were there, maybe 7000-7500.

You must not be following me over the years. Yes, I know attendance numbers is paid crowds. As I said in the last post.

The lower bowl is mostly full with "asses" in the seats for MU games. So, that is about 6,000 to 7,000 right there.

FYI, I ran into BMo at the Klotsche this afternoon and he dropped a schedule nugget on me. There will be a date with Bradley in December.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorCK View Post
    FYI, I ran into BMo at the Klotsche this afternoon and he dropped a schedule nugget on me. There will be a date with Bradley in December.
    Bradley is Dec. 7th. It's a result of Loyola vs Bradley Bracketbuster not being played as Loyola is now in the MVC. Milwaukee will start at Loyola on Nov. 8th and Davidison on Nov. 11th followed by a three gamee weekend tourney at Northern Illinois on Nov. 15-17. DePaul looks to be the home opener on Nov. 19.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast