Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Schedule

2013-2014 Schedule

Something new to talk about, rather than our usual conversations as of late:

I was told by a very good source tonight that a date with Minnesota is looking very good for next season's schedule. I love the idea. Short road trip, and The Barn is a cool arena. I was also told that it's not looking like Marquette is going to happen. I suppose we have Green Bay to thank for that. Purdue is another possibility. I suggested Michigan to my source, and they said if we could get a check for $100,000, it would be a great place to play. I know for sure that we Klotsche Krazies would love to get back to Ann Arbor after the fun we had last weekend. Expect another away game in the NYC area (Manhattan, Hofstra, St. John's, etc.) to give JO a game close to home his senior year.

Non-conference opponents locked in as of now:

at Davidson
    at Tennessee Tech
    vs. Northern Iowa

Expected opponents:

at Minnesota
    at Wisconsin
    a MAC team or two (Buffalo was specifically mentioned, perhaps NIU series is extended? I would prefer Central or Eastern Michigan.)
    a NYC opponent

My wish list:

Michigan
    Purdue (they are looking for teams that they'll give money to come there, and we've beat them)
    No DePaul (They lose no-one from this year's team.)
    No D-II teams, I'd rather play Chicago State for a "win" game.
    A thanksgiving break tourney vs. Top 150 teams.

What would you like to see?

BracketBuster return team will be at Milwaukee.

Why is the Marquette series not going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    BracketBuster return team will be at Milwaukee.

Why is the Marquette series not going to happen?
    When I asked my source about Marquette being on the schedule, they responded, "It's not looking like it." I didn't ask them to elaborate.

Well, that is good news for my wife and I. It always puts me in a weird spot.

I know moving forward for Marquette, the new league will be great. The loss of ND, Syracuse & L'ville hurts, so MU needs to make that up by H/H series with other Power 5 leagues.

Locks

at Davidson
    at Tennessee Tech
    vs. Northern Iowa

Expected opponents:

at Minnesota ( ye please )
    at Wisconsin ( yes)
    a MAC team or two (Central and Eastern please)
    a NYC opponent ( alright im cool with that )

My wish list possibilities and yes all on the road :

Michigan ( yes please , pretty please, # 1 on my list, can schedule them and eastern michigan , their only 8 miles apart )
    Eastern Michigan
    Iowa State
    Cincy
    Louisville
    Dayton
    Purdue (they are looking for teams that they'll give money to come there, and we've beat them)
    Northwestern
    Oakland
    Iowa ( can play them and get paid )
    Indiana
    Creighton
    Michigan State
    Illinois
    Butler ( at hinkle )
    DePaul (Yes please, 75,000 dollars plus i heard they pay)
    No D-II teams,
    A thanksgiving break tourney vs. Top 150 teams.
    Bradley

I would rather the program play a bunch of tough road games, and get paid and play quality teams, which will help SOS and hopefully recruiting. Help the program get paid, I would rather play teams that are good, than soft ass home games against Mary and Ohio Dominican

seriously , playing puffs at home does nothing for this program , you can have a couple non conference home games against N illinois and Chicago state,, and the rest can be road games, get paid, and put the money in the new arena trust fund....take all these games on the road now,, future games at home,, that way maybe by than were back at the Cell and can play the big games their, or at a new arena...

playing puffs does nothing for us...build this program up by playing tough opponents, just as boise state has done in football, and gonzaga has in basketball...

all that really matters is winning the conference, who cares about outside the conference, the horizon is only getting 1 autobid and thats it. so lets get paid..

We're not Presbyterian for ****'s sake. Mid-majors will still come into Milwaukee to play. And you need to have SOME good games to sell to fans or else the already abysmal season-ticket numbers will get worse.

As far as the schedule beyond, I've heard that UNI is happy to extend the series. If we're playing MAC teams, I'd like to see Akron, Kent State or Ohio. BGSU, Miami and EMU would be second-tier for me on possible MAC games.

MAC schools are good to have, because people have heard of those schools. Alot of that reason is FBS football.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    MAC schools are good to have, because people have heard of those schools. Alot of that reason is FBS football.
    No doubt about that. As odd as it is, more people around here have heard of Ball State than Illinois State.

Italian, you can take Iowa off of your list. They were mentioned in the same discussion by my source as a solid "No."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast