Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Media....

Milwaukee Media....

Yes, I have been critical of some of the members of the Milwaukee media in the past, and I have also given props to guys who I completely disagree with because they put in the time. So..... why so small of a media crowd today when Marquette is playing Georgetown, the #15 ranked team in the nation in a huge Big East tilt? Yes, many were at the Packers game, but what about those that aren't?

Here is one answer, this was posted on Facebook at about 2:00, one hour into a big NCAA game from a member of Milwaukee's sports media.....

"Is anyone else just trying to fill the time between now and the Green Bay Packers game with random stuff to do? Im currently arranging my sweaters."

Yep, I know if my job was sports media and there was a huge game in town I would be at home arranging my sweaters.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Can't you just tell us who it is?

Mike Wickett, 1250 WSSP.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Mike Wickett, 1250 WSSP.
    .What a SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way most of the Milwaukee media treats MU p*sses me off -- they're downright giddy when there's even a shred of bad news (NCAA send-off was a disgrace this year) but can't possibly be bothered to report on something positive.

One thing in particular that always gets me is that WTMJ radio refuses to include MU in its top-of-the-hour sports scoreboard. We are a HIGH MAJOR hoops program and get zero respect locally. Brings out my inner IWB.

Guess the Packers are more important than MU. It was win or go home for them. MU still have plenty of season left anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Sparks View Post
    Guess the Packers are more important than MU. It was win or go home for them. MU still have plenty of season left anyway.
    But, true sports fans fill their time with something meaningful.. Wickett is just soft......

This makes my blood boil. That's another reason why the crowd was over 15,000. College basketball doesn't mean **** in this state as long as the Packers are still playing. How many people other than people who had tickets or message board people even knew MU was playing G'town. They get nothing on TV or radio. Hell, Homer doesn't even talk MU hoops on his loser show.

If you're a Wisconsin sports nut this was a heck of a day -- Marquette beating a ranked team....the Pack stomping the Vi-queens. I had my day planned out and didn't do laundry. ; - )

Any one folding clothing today is a woos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast