Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NC Central game thread

Huge board and putback by Todd Mayo - I like his effort, sitting out has obviously had a big impact on him.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

At the 3:08 mark MU finally takes control of the boards but up to 20 TOs. MU up 67-60

Points in.....

Paint: MU 32, NCCU 30
    Off T/O: MU 25, NCCU 25
    2nd Chance: MU 6, NCCU 6
    Fast Break: MU 18, NCCU 17
    Bench: MU 28, NCCU 13

Buzz not happy that timout was granted after MU had already inbounded.

75-66 final - ugly, but its a win.

Was Todd Mayo the difference today down the stretch? George Thompson made a couple comments that made it sound like Todd was able to make some plays that others may not be able to make.

Jamil Wilson with 0 shot attempts and 6 turnovers. Can't have that.

Yeah, Todd had a big offensive rebound and put back. Also a key drive down the lane after passing the ball to Junior.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Not sure what to do about JW, maybe nothing. Taylor got quite a few minutes at the expense of Jamil, so we will see if that wakes him up or not.

I am absolutely at a loss when it comes to Jamil.

Not sure we win this game without Todd.

The thing that concerns me more then anything with this team is the turnovers/decison making. Buzz mentioned it in the post game. You can't turn the ball over 20 times against a team that isn't really pressuring you and playing zone most of the game. Junior tries to throw passes to Chris that Chris just isn't capable of catching. Jamil tried this too. After 4 years you would think they would know what he can and can't do.

I love Chris but unless we play a team with a big guy that he has to defend we are better when he is not on the floor....especially against zone.

Assuming everyone else comes back(big if I know) and everyone qualifies we will need a scholarship. In 2014(assuming we don't have another opening an take somebody in the spring) Buzz is going to need 2 bigs. I hope he can find one Juco who can contribute quickly because we are going to need somebody to replace Gardner. Mckay can probably play there but he is awfully thin. Taylor's best postion is probably the 4 but he will almost certainly have to play the 5 at least some of the time.

The good news is we should have some real talent on the perimeter the next 4 years.

Yep, MU loses this game without Todd. Made a number of big plays. He also guarded #14 for the last 6 minutes and shut him down. Steve Taylor also looked good down the stretch. Junior and Vander scored, but were weak defensively. NCC is a long athletic team causing match-up issues for MUWill we ever see another man defense? Tough game to watch at the BC today. In the end, we need Todd...!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast