Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just back from GB

Just back from GB

This loss is on us and no one else. If not for Jamil's 3s in the first half, we may have lost big. It was not like an adverse atmosphere by any stretch. Most GB fans were just there for the spectacle. Not an intense crowd at all. They were not really into it until the last two minutes. Many MU fans there but not much to get loud about. Sykes dominated Junior and the game. With the Carrington Love and Muhammed, they were just quicker at the guard spot than we were. Brian Wardle went sagging zone and stuck with it and did not change it at all. He did a great job of making it a grinder--looked like he was doing a Bo Ryan number. Seldom is Buzz outcoached but he probably was tonight. Jake Thomas needs to make threes or he should not be on the court. CO2 needs to get back to where he was 2 years ago. Not sure if it is injuries that hinder him or burn out but he needs to contribute more like right now--though perhaps he cannot do any more. Best part of the night: the inevitable Pat Driscoll double technical. I think Driscoll is picking up where Tim Higgins left off by inserting himself in the game to let everyone know he is there. At one point I yelled at Driscoll, and he heard me: "Hey, Pat. I think you now lead the NCAA in double technicals. " What a doufus.
    Last edited by Gato78; 12-19-2012 at 11:23 PM.

I just got back from GB.
    Thank god I made it thru Port Washington and that snow.
    Many MU fans at the game. I bet most live in Green Bay.

Port Wash was the only problem. Otherwise drive was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Sykes dominated Junior and the game.
    Lost all the love he gained from me for the UW win tonight from a 2012-2013 season perspective. Once the season is over I'll forever thank him for the UW win as I cherish each one but lord is he a defensive liability.

and when he shoots 4-12 from the field and gives up the ball 5 times, I don't know why he stays on the court.

Read the PaintTouches article or listen to watch Buzz even says, but Wilson is the better option

Wilson is the better option? Seriously? He contributes nothing on offense. He is a better defensive player than Junior, but when Derrick is on offense, it's like playing four on five.

As for Junior, I knew it was going to be a long night for him when he missed that relatively easy break-away lay up early in the game.

Just got back as well. I agree with pretty much everything Gato said.

I don't want to hear one complaint about the officials. Not breaking 50 against an average (I'm being generous) GB team? The blame is on the team. As mentioned, there was that hot stretch towards the end of the 2nd half, otherwise it was very blah the entire time.

Also, I tweeted to Jake after the game and congratulated him on having the stones to take that last shot. Great look, just didn't drop. I'm happy any time he shoots, regardless of whether he's hot or cold at that point. I thought for sure that 3 would drop at the end of the game.

Ah well, on to LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Just got back as well. I agree with pretty much everything Gato said.

I don't want to hear one complaint about the officials. Not breaking 50 against an average (I'm being generous) GB team? The blame is on the team. As mentioned, there was that hot stretch towards the end of the 2nd half, otherwise it was very blah the entire time.

Also, I tweeted to Jake after the game and congratulated him on having the stones to take that last shot. Great look, just didn't drop. I'm happy any time he shoots, regardless of whether he's hot or cold at that point. I thought for sure that 3 would drop at the end of the game.

Ah well, on to LSU.
    Jake has not earned the right to take that shot. Needed something else......

Earn the right? Really? Who else on this team would you rather take an outside shot with little time left? I really dont think he would be on the floor in the clutch if coach doesnt think he earned the right.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubMU View Post
    Earn the right? Really? Who else on this team would you rather take an outside shot with little time left? I really dont think he would be on the floor in the clutch if coach doesnt think he earned the right.
    A play should have been designed for Vander to drive and at least get fouled. Or, a play drawn up to get the ball to Jamil. But a walk on?? Really??

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    A play should have been designed for Vander to drive and at least get fouled. Or, a play drawn up to get the ball to Jamil. But a walk on?? Really??
    You can't plan on getting fouled because the refs were swallowing their whistles when we went inside. Or did you miss that UWGB beat us in FTAs 19-9?

You take the open shot. Jake is out there because Buzz believes in him. He got a good lock. He didn't knock it down. Sometimes the bounce goes your way, sometimes it doesn't. But to act like Jake for attempting a good look is ridiculous. Besides, the way last night was going, had Jake made the shot with 2.8 left, UWGB would have hit a half-court winner. Sometimes it just isn't going to happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast