Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That's as bad as it gets...

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    This game is Norfolk State last year. The difference is we were on the road instead of a neutral site. Green Bay generally plays man defense. Wardle surprised Buzz with the zone and it bit us in the ass. I'm sure we've been practicing for man all week. It's the same thing NSU did in the second game last year. I think if LSU tries to zone us Saturday we will destroy them.

That game was a lot earlier in the year (Game 5). I'm sorry but even if a team surprises you with a zone in late December, you should be able to compensate.

Gotta agree, this is a rebuilding year for us, we aren't out of the tournament but we need to start showing improvement fast if we don't want to be left out.

I'll let everyone else panic. UWGB is better than we thought. We let them dictate the tempo of the game. And we took a bad loss. It happens. We'll be fine.

If they are better than we thought then why haven't they beaten anyone else?

They played without their 2nd leading scorer.

Norfolk State last year was a much better team then the team we just lost to as they showed by beating Missouri in the tourny.

Yeah, I'm not sure how you can say UWGB is that good. They have beaten Chicago State, Southern Utah and North Dakota State coming into this game...and lost to the likes of Fullerton, Idaho and Tennessee Tech.

I'm disappointed, but there's nothing more predictable than fans overreacting to game results, good or bad. It's just one game.

It's not the one game.....it's how we have played all year. I think our best game was probably agaainst Butler. Even the UW game was not well played by either team.

All you have to do is watch the team play........

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    It's not the one game.....it's how we have played all year. I think our best game was probably agaainst Butler. Even the UW game was not well played by either team.

All you have to do is watch the team play........
    for such a 'bad' team , we were a respectable 38 in Pomeroy entering the game tonight. That will assuredly drop, but are we just relying on the eye test here?

Pomeroy is still using data from last year at this point in the season.

I never said were were a bad team....I said we just weren't a very good team. Mediocre....slighly above average...bubble team.....

That is how we have played so far IMO.

I hope we get better but I just look at this team and think we are going to struggle to score all year against anyone who plays zome against us.

Hope I'm wrong.

What we are now and what we will be in March, in my opinion, will be radically different. Similar to the Lazar and the Midgets team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast