Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That's as bad as it gets...

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    What we are now and what we will be in March, in my opinion, will be radically different. Similar to the Lazar and the Midgets team.
    Here is a sort of radical thought. A lot of Mayo's potential minutes need to come from Chris Otule. Big Chris does not have the wheels he used to and this team needs to go smaller. I think Buzz's teams play the best with as many guards and wings out on court as possible.

That team could shoot......and

there is no Lazar on this team.

ok I think we have beaten this to death......I hope you are right and I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Here is a sort of radical thought. A lot of Mayo's potential minutes need to come from Chris Otule. Big Chris does not have the wheels he used to and this team needs to go smaller. I think Buzz's teams play the best with as many guards and wings out on court as possible.
    I liked what we saw when Buzz went to three guards tonight, with DW, Junior, and Vander on the perimeter, Trent on the wing, and Jamil in the post. I think what killed us as much as anything was Davante's presence in the second half. Green Bay was getting away with hacking him. We needed to put more speed in there and stop feeding the damn post. For the most part, DG was a black hole in this game. When that happens, go with the small-ball lineup.

Of course, maybe if Jamil had decided to take some shots in the second half, too...

This was a crap, inexcusable loss. No way to sugar coat it. It's about damn time this team pulls tjheir heads out of their asses and starts playing like their talent level dictates. Are they as good as last year?? No. But they are more talented then what they have shown thus far this year. Hate to say it, but Lockett brings the team nothing. And Jake isn't contributing either. Todd did what he needed to do, he screwed up, but made amends. Bring him back and start winning some damn ball games.

This team should have one loss(Florida), they now have 3. Pathetic. The way the rest of their season goes is up to them. They can either wilt, or they can rise up and overcome it. Can't take back the two crappy losses, however.

Nice to see that Iceman is here to bring a nice, level-headed synopsis.

As far as Lockett, he was the leading rebounder and can really defend. The only reason we are complaining is because of our expectations and because of the lack of scoring from other positions. Frankly he is not one of my major concerns.

By the way Ice, how do you have any idea if "Todd did what he needed to do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    MU just not a very good team. They really haven't played well all year...even in the UW game.

Teams that slow it down and play zone will beat us all year.
    Agreed. In addition, we will struggle on the road all year. You need to be a good shooting team to win on the road because most officials allow a little more contact on dribble penetration for the home team. You have to have the ability to drive and kick. There are no easy baskets on the road. You have to create offense with defense and make shots. We are not good at either.

There is not one road game we play this year that I will feel comfortable about and we could very well go 0 for the road. Mayo coming back strong, Wilson becoming more consistent and Jake Thomas becoming more comfortable are factors that could improve our chances.

I just don't believe that Blue and Cadougan will ever become the kind of shooters we need them to be to overcome packed in defenses on the road. Also Cadougan is way to careless with the ball to overcome a tough road environment. I am not trying to criticize them. They are who they are and they have helped us win many games over the years. Their stengths just don't compliment each other at all. Cadougan was great with DJO and Blue would be great with a Travis Diener type. Together they just don't give us everything we need.

There are several problems right now....but the glaring difference with this team versus the last few years is that we have ZERO leadership, we don't have that 1 guy who pulls the team together or is our go to guy....how many times this year has it seemed like we need someone to take over the game, but everyone keeps dribbling and passing it off like no one wants to be the guy to shoot it. And after last year, we all expected Jamil to take his success and build on it, but what is going on with him? 14 points in the first half, completely non-factor in the second.....big game one night, 0 points the next. Again, when he is aggressive and taking shots....he is real good....but for some reason he has been almost shy about taking the ball...I don't get it. Cadougan has been cadougan, streaks of great, but mostly bad. And if locket was ASU's leading scorer, then I guess we know how bad ASU and the PAC-10 really were because we didn't bring him in here to be our leading rebounder, thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by MUBRACES View Post
    There are several problems right now....but the glaring difference with this team versus the last few years is that we have ZERO leadership, we don't have that 1 guy who pulls the team together or is our go to guy....how many times this year has it seemed like we need someone to take over the game, but everyone keeps dribbling and passing it off like no one wants to be the guy to shoot it.

That's not a lack of "leadership." That's a lack of ability. Simply put, this team is essentially like last years without two NBA players.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123