Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Wednesday?

Announcement Wednesday?

There are folks saying that there is a possibility that Xavier announces on Wednesday that they are joining the C7 schools. Could just be message board banter but another poster is vouching for the guy who claimed it.

Interesting none the less.

sounds like a ringing endorsement of their commitment to the A10....they pretty much all but said they are leaving for the new conference

I'd be interested to know who's spearheading all of this. Who's extending invitations to other schools? Who's in contact with TV people about securing a contract? I'm sure there is constant communication between the Presidents and AD's of the 7 schools, but I would imagine someone is "out front" and being the spokesperson for the group.

That's a good point, you'd have to think a commissioner would be announced in short order here. You really need someone to focus on these types of things and getting stuff set up.

Interesting that the Xavier fans are so pro Dayton. For whatever reason I just think adding a team like Dayton, SLU or Creighton is just too "mid-major." Not saying a I have a better option (although im still holding on to my pipedream of adding memphis, temple, uconn and cincy).

I personally love creighton as the last team if they don't pursue Gonzaga. For those who don't know creighton and omaha, they have a newly renovated arena that seats as much as the bradley center, the attendance is comparable to marquette....and even though it is nebraska....the city of omaha is quite big and beautiful (similar in size to Milwaukee, but much cleaner)...I personally would love to go watch a game there, especially against MU! And it doesn't hurt that they have been, and most likely will continue to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    I'd be interested to know who's spearheading all of this. Who's extending invitations to other schools? Who's in contact with TV people about securing a contract? I'm sure there is constant communication between the Presidents and AD's of the 7 schools, but I would imagine someone is "out front" and being the spokesperson for the group.
    Well, the SJU President said in an interview on Saturday after the announcement was made that currently, the Georgetown President is their leader. So I'd imagine alot of it is spearheaded by him.

As for who will be the point person on the formation of the new league and any TV deal, Father Harrington said that he envisioned the seven Presidents meeting much more often and the “board would make the decisions.”

He added that Georgetown President Dr. John J. DeGioia “is the co-chair of the Big East Conference.”

“Jack right now is our leader…and he will continue in that role I’m sure, but it will always be the seven of us deciding together,” Father Harrington added.

Quote Originally Posted by dw3dw3dw3 View Post
    Butler President just posted this non-denial

http://www.indysportslegends.com/201...erence-rumors/
    Sounds like Butler is ready to sign on the dotted line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast