Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Handicapping odds of who gets added:

Creighton versus Dayton is just not that much of a difference for me to get worked up over, for many of the reasons already stated on the insider board and which I am too lazy to rehash here.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    I don't think adding Dayton is a mistake, but I think not adding Creighton is. IWB I know you said that they will start with 10 but have they mentioned anything about going with 12? I just think 12 makes more sense.
    I think we end up with 12 or 14. Quwestion is how to gravitate to that.........now or then....?

Well of course we will have to see how this plays out, but if it comes to 10 right now, it may well be that the league expands to 12 soon, and if so, SLU and Creighton are natural candidates. Perhaps the lobbying is going on right now. I would love to see them added, and I think that would make a great 12-team league, but I do not think their absence exactly ruins things.

In the Creighton vs Dayton debate, I give the edge to Dayton because of a larger east coast presence. All other things seem equal.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBRACES View Post
    I don't understand why Dayton makes more sense "for a variety of reasons"...... Such as? Creighton has more attendance, puts us in a market that we wouldn't already have (as would be the case with Dayton and Xavier), is a catholic institution (which some dont necessarily care about), is closer to Milwaukee than Dayton, they have a top notch soccer stadium and soccer program, if MU were to develop a baseball team they could play at the Home of the college World Series in the new TD Ameritrade ballpark, they would pull in more revenue and raise the price for the tv deal highe......maybe it's just me but I don't see why Dayton makes more sense than creighton

Dayton is a Catholic institution and is over 100 miles closer to Milwaukee than Creighton is. They are very similar schools, but Creighton simply has had more recent success. I really can't get worked up over one or the other.

After reading Dayton's board last night selfishly I want them to be left out... Their fans were some of the most arrogant I've ever seen. I was very surprised the negativity about joining the new big east.

Dayton's fans don't want in? Wow. Screw them, the only reason why they would not want in is fear of losing.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Dayton's fans don't want in? Wow. Screw them, the only reason why they would not want in is fear of losing.

If it's the UDPride board, they are delusional. He's been coming to Scoop talking about how the A10 is united and BE basketball schools will be begging for admittance when it inevitably breaks apart.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?act...9;sa=showPosts

One of the Flyer Faithful forwarded this thread. We've been discussing the possibilities all week and have also seen numerous reports from various sources. Some of our inside sources also say we're a lock, however, some of us are very skeptical that if it's 10, we could be on the outside looking in.

I would say that there is some disagreement amongst Flyer fans, however, the majority believes if given the opportunity to join the BE7 we'd be foolish to turn it down. We've been dreaming of the Papal League forming for years. Many of us know that joining forces with the BE7 will significantly improve our schedule each year and will work wonders on our recruiting and NCAA success in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by RudyFlyer View Post
    One of the Flyer Faithful forwarded this thread. We've been discussing the possibilities all week and have also seen numerous reports from various sources. Some of our inside sources also say we're a lock, however, some of us are very skeptical that if it's 10, we could be on the outside looking in.

I would say that there is some disagreement amongst Flyer fans, however, the majority believes if given the opportunity to join the BE7 we'd be foolish to turn it down. We've been dreaming of the Papal League forming for years. Many of us know that joining forces with the BE7 will significantly improve our schedule each year and will work wonders on our recruiting and NCAA success in the long run.

Yeah, you can't turn this down. You never turn down an opportunity to upgrade your conference when you can. Marquette has moved from the MCC to the Great Midwest to the CUSA to the BE, and each step has been seen as a huge improvement.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast