Thread: DePaul view of the Big East experience

DePaul view of the Big East experience

Big Bubba Blue Demon the moderator of the WeAreDepaul board has rationalized that the big state football schools of the Big East were the barrier to DePaul success on the hardwood. Marquette, StJ, VU, PC, GT, and SH best be certain that Father Dennis H. and AD JLP will invest in going forward and not simply satisfied to cash checks.

Q to DePaul: What is your athletic department business plan? Where is your accountability?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=430&f=2585&t=11058649

That's my issue with Depaul and Seton Hall (I will leave providence our because they appear to be turning things around), these schools are literally just dead weight. You can say all you want that DePaul gives you the Chicago market, but under that presumption Tulane handed up the NO market and SMU handed us Dallas... That's a load and we all know it, nobody in Chicago watches those games, I'd love to see the ratings for them in the Chicago area.

Then on top of it they dont provide any tournament credits, not even in their "good" years... I can handle a team that stinks most years, but atleast once every 6 years you gotta rise up and provide the league some sort of value, even if it is very minimal.

DePaul has never lost its commuter school mentality...this move exposes them and perhaps the new arena can spur their thinking and investments along. SHU seems the same...with Rutgers gone, time to step up and hold your own in a competitive market. SJU made the investment with Hoops to turn it around and is good in other sports. DU and SH aren't even good in non-revenue sports. Weak link in the two largest markets.