Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the Cell?

Geiger's opinion should be worth less than the Bolton Bum's at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by MayorCK View Post
    Geiger's opinion should be worth less than the Bolton Bum's at this point...
    From what I heard - now this is a tertiary source, so take it as possibly distorted and nothing to report - Amanda Braun had specifically told Lovell that she would only report to him and VC Laliberte, that Andy Geiger would have no hand in the running of athletics once she took the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lemke View Post
    From what I heard - now this is a tertiary source, so take it as possibly distorted and nothing to report - Amanda Braun had specifically told Lovell that she would only report to him and VC Laliberte, that Andy Geiger would have no hand in the running of athletics once she took the job.
    I think Geiger said something to that in the press conference.

Don't want to get hopes to high, but a bird inside the U S Cell said the new AD toured the Arena yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonWiAlum View Post
    Don't want to get hopes to high, but a bird inside the U S Cell said the new AD toured the Arena yesterday.
    Does she work weekends in Milwaukee, untill she starts May 1st.

I have heard as recently as last week that we were 80 percent sure to go back to the Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lemke View Post
    I have heard as recently as last week that we were 80 percent sure to go back to the Cell.
    I hope the 80% who are saying this have a say in the matter.

I was at a party this past Saturday night, with some Panther season-ticket holders. Going into the season last season they were positive about playing at the KC. They have now changed their mind and the need is to go back to the Cell.

I mean, I was one of the people railing for an on-campus arena. When we moved to the KC, I said it was OK if we made sure it was a temporary thing - I wanted to see something concrete on the way by the end of the season. There's nothing, so let's go back. I'm not going to sit around and wait for something to happen. Life is happening NOW.

I hope the school doesn't feel like they will have egg on it's face moving back to the Cell after one season at the KC. The real PR nightmare will be to keep on playing at the KC.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I hope the school doesn't feel like they will have egg on it's face moving back to the Cell after one season at the KC. The real PR nightmare will be to keep on playing at the KC.
    By representing it as Andy Geiger's decision, we don't need to feel that way. Amanda Braun wasn't here before.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast