Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the Cell?

Our program will never be taken seriously at the Klotsche. Not by any Division 1 conference, opponent, media, or recruit. No matter how much you polish a piece of crap, it's still a piece of crap. Let's admit the idea failed and move on, and while doing so, eliminate WCD from the equation. We won't have to worry about Disney on Ice when our people are scheduling Disney on Ice.

I can't share certain people's opinions of the Klotsche because they've asked me not to. But I will say that certain people, high in the university and athletics program, feel like the move to the Klotsche was a mistake, that it's killing recruiting, that guys don't want to play there.

Have people within the Athletic department even thought about getting the rights to the Cell from the WCD? Like actually talked about the possibility of talking to the state about it. Not necessarily recently but in the past has it been thought about or pursued? And if so to what extent?
    School of Architecture - Class of 2016
    "Dressed in the Panther's skin, the Ass spread terror far and wide" #FireBraun

So, what does the current AD think about playing at the KC?

What are the odds that the Panthers will be back at the Cell in the 2013-14 season?

Perhaps a high speed rail link or a trolley route from UWM to the Cell would be best to move students back and forth to Panther game. Come on Black and Gold!! Lets get a win tomorrow!!!

The Horizon League is willing to renew the waiver that allows the Panthers to play at the Klotsche Center. What does that tell you?

With Amanda Braun not starting untill May 1st, if the Panthers move back to the Cell, I think that news will come out in early June. What do people think the odds are that the Panthers are moving back to the Cell for the 2013-14 season. My guess is 60/40 to move back to the Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    With Amanda Braun not starting untill May 1st, if the Panthers move back to the Cell, I think that news will come out in early June. What do people think the odds are that the Panthers are moving back to the Cell for the 2013-14 season. My guess is 60/40 to move back to the Cell.
    Knowing who she has talked to and how heavily they're laying into her that the Cell is better, I'm going to guess 80/20 we'll be back at the Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lemke View Post
    Knowing who she has talked to and how heavily they're laying into her that the Cell is better, I'm going to guess 80/20 we'll be back at the Cell.
    I like your odds better!

Who has talked to her and heavily layed into to her about going back to the Cell? I hope it's Lovell and the coaching staff.

From what Amanda told me, quite a lot of people have been talking to her, and she told me "it's clear it is a hot button issue."

One person told me that Geiger said he believes we haven't given the Klotsche enough of a chance, but that's hogwash - we were in the Klotsche for five years from 98-2003. We know what's better.

I know that our coaching staff has always maintained that they feel a practice facility and playing in the Cell are much more important than playing in a renovated Klotsche and practicing there.

What I think is that if Bruce never pushed for the Pavilion addition to include razing and rebuilding the Klotsche Arena, and he put a lot of weight into moving downtown, then we know where Bruce Pearl stood on the issue as well. That's two coaches who should have their opinions taken into account.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast